Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

if Dow clears the 13,300

my bets are buying GBPUSD and XAU/USD (subject to indicator signals of course !)

N

Dow has exploded.........I would look to AUD and poss GBP buys .....

gold has not responded as I wanted - so far

N

Attachments

• bang.jpg
    bang.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 152
ideally wait for closing bar confirmation ....but the hell........I liked the momentum of the move

if it fails .......mea culpa

N

stand by .....here comes the retrace / challenge on taking the buy trades....

inevitable and gut wrenching ......!

NVP

In Trading you cannot win sometimes re timing

you're damned if you do and damned if you dont !

Late entry into trend trend on you
Early Entry into Trend turns on you

and also hesitate to much .....and watch the trade dissapear into the distance....!

N

here I am under pressure on my entries ..........

will it hold ?

should I have waited a little for the Retrace.....

why enter on G/U so close to 1.6o ....?

blah blah blah.........

do it and wear it............such is life

lets see

N

Attachments

• retrace pressure.jpg
    retrace pressure.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 143
Many good traders would have told me to wait for the Wholesale price on G/U and A/U as they retraced back a little....

but what if they had gone ballistic off the breach ?....especially the volatile GBP ?

you just have to work out what you are doing and go for it

N

I got in around 1.5990 on G/U and would tighten now to not give any real pips away

rollin rollin rollin.....

Attachments

• rollin rollin rollin .jpg
    rollin rollin rollin .jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 127
back again ....

jees hard work eh !

I have to go to some meetings so am going to tighten up stops and let my trades roll a little ...........

anyway have a good evening..........and I hope you found the comments useful this afternoon :smart:

N

Attachments

• hard work.jpg
    hard work.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 131
hey all

well well.....the Dow faltered finally in the US afternoon session as I was hoping...and I finally got some euro sells....

not rocket science really.....Dow is back in the heady levels of 2007 valuations ...and due to what ?

can you really turn around honestly and say the last 5 years have been a world of Economic success and prosperity in the world ?

Nope............cheap Cash my friends cheap cash...and that dog may well be hunting again but its effects will get less and less effective as the people of the world learn (well before politicians want them to) that its time to bite the bullet on this insanity......

Deja vue all over again then !...and I'm staying on Dow sells still and hunting the rise of the yen an USD today

NVP

Attachments

• Dow falters.jpg
    Dow falters.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 145
Hi NVP. I see you are still using the correlator indicator. Do you have a version which shows exotics like TRY, ZAR, NOK, SEK etc. Basically all the currencies available in mt4 instead of just the majors?

hey A-Game

check out my Exotics indicator below.....:smart:

N

jees i love the markets.....

look at that Dow futures making me eat my words perhaps.....

Key resistance level on dow getting attacked .....if it breaches then its an extended bout of selling the USD and YEN ?

N

Attachments

• eat the words.jpg
    eat the words.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 155
Euro and GBP are probably the buys here......AUD will track behind them