Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

ok so you want a 21 EMA overlay on what the standard 20ma default or perhaps something faster like a 5, 6, 7, 8 ema ?

N

Ideally Id like to see 10, 21 and 50 EMA` added onto the Indicator itself as an addition? (if there` anyway I can :) )

Last edited:

Attachments

• action.jpg
    action.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 151
Ideally Id like to see 10, 21 and 50 EMA` added onto the Indicator itself as an addition? (if there` anyway I can :) )

Hi D

The core system here can handle a double MA based reading (like a 10 crossover of a 21 or a 21 crossover of a 50) for all G8 currencies

so I would suggest you load 2 charts up and run settings as

21 ma delta 10
50 ma delta 21

and let me know what you think..........see attached

if 1 currency was above or below another in both charts thats a decent signal...or even a currency being on the same side of the Zero indicates positive or negative bias.....

I would think if thats what you are trying to do ?

albeit a very very slow signal

I can add the EMA easliy at any point

N:smart:

Attachments

• multiple crossovers.jpg
    multiple crossovers.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 177
With this bull run up on USD and Yen we have just achieved

best short term volatility move on the 15m TF since 8th June

the best 1hr volatility since 21st June (similar bull run on usd and yen)

on the 4hr TF this move is just a baby so far at around a third of the signal ultimately achieved on 22nd june when a colossal bull run on USD and Yen peaked out .....

so bad luck if you missed it..or perhaps theres plenty more in the pipe ?

N

Last edited:
heres June

a few sells on the usd and Yen off a rising dow

Aussie pairs did well

N

Attachments

• june closes .jpg
    june closes .jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 142
Hey all

I am a fan of Tom Yeomans and his work on strengthmeters..he was still at the early stages when I got into this style of trading a good number of years ago now and has developed his products and services over the years....

in many ways we do similar things and see the world the same way regarding individual currency analysis ...(but in other ways we are poles apart !)

he has a pretty slick organisation and I do not try to match the tools and toys on offer ....the movies are worth watching if you want to understand what strengthmeters do

and oh yeah ..........put the free indicator below on a 500ma setting and you "might" be looking at a similar screen to toms regarding when to trade bounces crossovers etc etc :smart:

(but I didnt say that :innocent%3

Attachments

• 500ma settings and bounces .jpg
    500ma settings and bounces .jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Can I set the meter to only show a few currencies not all 8? This way the chart is too noisy.

Can I set the meter to only show a few currencies not all 8? This way the chart is too noisy.

why sure !

right click indicator to get to settings....you can do what you want here (y)

N

Attachments

• settings.jpg
    settings.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 142
Currency Correlation & Strength Meters are valid and excellent tool, provided:
1. They are combined into one indicator.
2. Use only MTF Corr/Strength Meter (M15, H1, H4) for short term entry.
3. Use WEIGHTED MTF Corr/Strength Meter (each currency has different weight in the average outcome - not just a simple division by 7).
4. Corr/Strength Meters alone is not good enough - they should take into account the RATE of CHANGE, i.e. how fast the currencies are "departing" from one another.

...and there is such a thing...

Using this - and you can trade without looking at any chart and without using intuition - just the indicator !

Gadi

1. They are combined into one indicator.
2. Use only MTF Corr/Strength Meter (M15, H1, H4) for short term entry.
3. Use WEIGHTED MTF Corr/Strength Meter (each currency has different weight in the average outcome - not just a simple division by 7).
4. Corr/Strength Meters alone is not good enough - they should take into account the RATE of CHANGE, i.e. how fast the currencies are "departing" from one another.

Using this - and you can trade without looking at any chart and without using intuition - just the indicator !

Gadi

Ladies and Gents ....a real good friend of mine and a great Trader

Gadi (y)

N

Hey G ....hows it going ?

Ladies and Gents ....a real good friend of mine and a great Trader

Gadi (y)

N

Hey G ....hows it going ?

B...BU...BUS...BUSY...:)

Found some time to contribute...
Couldn't find myself in the VIP list of your site... :mad:

Gadi

Sorry G

We closed it up after the first 6 months subscription time was reached ....

Interesting excercise - but it was no where near breaking even and was certainly killing me on time needed / admin / IT etc etc ..and I was not Trading as much as I wanted

I seem to recall you may have warned me about that happening last year !

N

you should start a thread here G at T2W

they wouldnt believe what you are doing .....last time we talked I know you were tied up and booked out for months ahead .....

N

1. They are combined into one indicator. -
Agreed (used on my private systems)

2. Use only MTF Corr/Strength Meter (M15, H1, H4) for short term entry. -
3 TF's could make things perhaps a little lagging in nature but depends on the ma speeds used

yep - we have discussed this a lot in the past .....I prefer to keep it all at parity ...the weighting would throw me a little when i am making discretionary Trading Calls...but I do understand !

4. Corr/Strength Meters alone is not good enough - they should take into account the RATE of CHANGE, i.e. how fast the currencies are "departing" from one another. - Agreed and again I have momentum based systems (trends on trends)

yep ..........but why make it toooo easy for myself ? ;)

Gadi

N

you should start a thread here G at T2W

they wouldnt believe what you are doing .....last time we talked I know you were tied up and booked out for months ahead .....

N

Friends "forced" me trade on their behalf.
It started with 3 good friends and now it's 23...

I have to limit this activity because above a certain volume/members I need to operate with an official license and supervision.

Gather some of your serious friends/followers and open a new thread "FXCorrelator - Next Generation" or something... and I promise to be an active member.
Members should be persons that will contribute - not just "Viewrs".

Gadi

Friends "forced" me trade on their behalf.
It started with 3 good friends and now it's 23...

I have to limit this activity because above a certain volume/members I need to operate with an official license and supervision.

Gather some of your serious friends/followers and open a new thread "FXCorrelator - Next Generation" or something... and I promise to be an active member.
Members should be persons that will contribute - not just "Viewrs".

Gadi

We could set it up and use it as a simple trade call Thread ?

we can post any decent (sample) signals - but not all the time but it would show people what strengthmeter based trading can do ?..........I havnt got the time but could perhap post some higher TF signals on the 1 hours whenever I see them on my own systems ?

regarding discussions I dont think many people really get what I preach here anyway.... so they certainly wont understand where you have now taken it to Gadi !

N

for example there is a cracking buy signal on G/U at the moment from
around 1.5680

but will they listen ?.hahahahaha