Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

triggered ................let the convergence team loose............:mad:

N

Attachments

• triggered .jpg
    triggered .jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 152
and I like Chf but boy oh boy that GBP is gonna be the problem to drag down !!

nope..........not this time ................wait again

N

Attachments

• next pelase .jpg
    next pelase .jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 162
just need a lower high and we may be finally ready to rock ............if the GBP fell below the 20ma on the 5min 80/20 ma's that might give me some confidence as well

I just need a lower high and we may be finally ready to rock ............

if the GBP fell below the 20ma on the 5min 80/20 ma's that might give me some confidence as well

I was hoping not to use that extra card and keep the system simpler but we will see
N

i'm glad the first candidate today is tricky ...........allows me to overlay the criteria we may need to be using a lot to make this system work

jees that convergence team are getting angry on our bench .....poor poor GBP is gonna get monster mashed soon !!!

N

note - nothing here that cannot be programmed in easily with some good programmers !

Attachments

• tricky little varmit .jpg
    tricky little varmit .jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 126
is this better ?

N

Attachments

• is this better .jpg
    is this better .jpg
    75 KB · Views: 143
to be honest a simple lower high on the GBPCHF pair is all i need ......but nothign yet

Hi NVP:

Gees! You are going million miles per min and can't catch up for new comers to correlation like me. Slow down please. :eek: :)

More questions.

1) Covergence Indicator --> Do you have one that give alerts at a certain level? You've mentioned couple of post back that "... can't automated, just alerts.." So, I am wondering if there is the one that has Alert built-in or not.

2) Why do you use 20 MA and 80MA on 5 min TF? Is it arbitrary or any particular reason?

3) Do you think this system can be automated or does this require too much of human thought process that can not be automated ever?

4) Can this system will work on higher TF? such as 4 hr and/or 1 hr TF?

Thanks,

added a 20ma on the pair.............I wish the damn dow would retrace down a little

JEES !!!!

Attachments

• closer .jpg
    closer .jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 137
learning as we go............only way to do it :smart:

Attachments

• party time.jpg
    party time.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 119
Hi NVP:

Gees! You are going million miles per min and can't catch up for new comers to correlation like me. Slow down please. :eek: :)

More questions.

1) Covergence Indicator --> Do you have one that give alerts at a certain level? You've mentioned couple of post back that "... can't automated, just alerts.." So, I am wondering if there is the one that has Alert built-in or not.

I need a programmer.....and an agreement that we distribute our results here

2) Why do you use 20 MA and 80MA on 5 min TF? Is it arbitrary or any particular reason? .......trial and error over nearly 3 years..........but pelase feel free to try anthing else

3) Do you think this system can be automated or does this require too much of human thought process that can not be automated ever?
Everything here can be automated .......we just need some good programmers

4) Can this system will work on higher TF? such as 4 hr and/or 1 hr TF?
of course - its arguably better

Thanks,

hey T see above in Red

N

buckle up

my convergence team want blood..........

N

Attachments

• stand by.jpg
    stand by.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 119
shame re the EuroChf but I need 3 bands really on that one............2.5 would do at a push but not today it seems

ok here we go on GBPCHF

N

Hi NVP,
Another question.. It's more like which is first, chicken or egg question.
Do you think it's typical to see pair stretches to highest band on Covergence Indicator around the News time? or perhaps, price does move to those points due to speculation that drive price to those level?
In any case, if we ought to take trade, do you recommend not trading pre/post News even if you see the good setup?

they are ready to roll .................are you ?

Attachments

• wolfpack.jpg
    wolfpack.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 121
joking aside trading convergences is all about news and market perception (like trading divergences !)

currencies dont get diverged unless something is going on....ok I confess ive been to busy to look at news releases but I can certainly see a rising dow futures after last weeks pounding and that will coax people out of safer currencies and I therefore see the tag team and CHF getting pounded at present

until that decision is stemmed or even better reversed we will get very hurt trying to guess the convergence point bands or no bands

N

is anyone else bored already ..................this convergence stuff sucks

does anyone want to play with the 1mins instead ? :p

(Jees - i'm a trading nightmare.......just kidding on 1mins at the moment !)
N

Attachments

• im bored wioth this already .jpg
    im bored wioth this already .jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 141
Last edited: