Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

hey all

london morning session was ok ...i was live on a private forum calling a few ....not too bad ...no complaints

usd was rangy/bear mostly.....gbp and NZD were the alpha bulls ...yen had a decent bear morning

real money was buying gu ...if you stayed on that you couldnt go wrong ...

N

hey all

rediculously easy this afternoon on us opens session

sell euro , Buy usd ........thats it

N :)

scalping in lunch break ...anyone catching the GU action ...?.its on fire !!!

hey all .....been an interesting morning

plenty of GBP action as expected ....gbp been over 100 pips bull from 6am now

sell everything else ...

we love you Carney we do......come on Carney ...give us another one !!!

N

Attachments

• gbp rocking.JPG
    gbp rocking.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 103
hey gang - i get a hell of a lot of emails about this question - heres my normal reponse :-

On 14 Sep 2017, at 13:36, XXX @HOTmail.com> wrote:

Dear FXCorrelator,

I have recently viewed your posts on trade2win.com regarding reviews of [REMOVED] and his [REMOVED] course, which I thought of buying.

I am a new trader, still on a demo account, and learning the basics of indicators and terms before from Babypips.com "pipsology" course before I start trading with real money, preferably in the next few weeks, however with a £100 account, as I am looking to make around £200 per month or so.

Is it possible that you could provide me with any advice? Or any way we could talk extensively for any queries I have about trading, for which I have many.

Hi [removed]

Personally in my opinion you can do a lot better than just paying his company lots of money to learn simple strategies ...and many others in truth

95% of these trading academies and schools are taking your money to teach you the basics of trading and then very very basic trading systems ...that don't really make any money .....story to tell you that but it's true ....it's all available by researching free online and finding some good traders threads to read and learn from

Sure they are useful but I would say mostly there's no more than perhaps £50-100 of information worth learning ......the rest is you are paying for someone's time and marketing expenditure plus then it's all profit for,them ......easy money !!!

My advice is to get in the big forums like T2win and forex factory and learn learn learn and test things in demo......don't start trading real money till you are making consistent money in demo mode ......please !

Cheers
Neil
NVP

Last edited:
a few quotes from Epictetus.......(AD 50 – 135)

he was a Greek Stoic philosopher.....looks like the dude would have made a hell of a trader ? :)

It’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters.

Anything or anyone capable of angering you becomes your master.

Freedom is the only worthy goal in life. It is won by disregarding things that lie beyond our control.

Circumstances don’t make the man, they only reveal him to himself.

It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows.

No man is free who is not master of himself.

Don’t seek to have events happen as you wish, but wish them to happen as they do happen, and all will be well with you.

Appearances to the mind are of four kinds. Things either are what they appear to be; or they neither are, nor appear to be; or they are, and do not appear to be; or they are not, and yet appear to be. Rightly to aim in all these cases is the wise man’s task.

Tentative efforts lead to tentative outcomes. Therefore, give yourself fully to your endeavors. Decide to construct your character through excellent actions and determine to pay the price of a worthy goal. The trials you encounter will introduce you to your strengths. Remain steadfast…and one day you will build something that endures: something worthy of your potential.”

What concerns me is not the way things are, but the way people think things are.

heres the week ending 15th Sept ..........

2 words

GBP
Yen

if you frequenty bought the first and sold the second in any pairs you should have had a storming week .......

if you didnt ..??.....boyoboy you need to get your game together dudes .....it doesnt get much easier than this :)

N

Attachments

• 15th sep 2017.JPG
    15th sep 2017.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 95
hey all

hard grind first hour this morning - then got easier

my best scalps have been on selling GU.........a few pips buying ej as well

no complaints - back later
N

Attachments

• london 18th first 3 hours.JPG
    london 18th first 3 hours.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 99
someone had an issue with my FXcorrelator and versions ?

heres the one i am using at the moment

N

Attachments

• FXCORRELATOR_BASIC_FREE_VERSION_2013.mq4
    13.4 KB · Views: 162
heres the 20ma setting on a 5min TF (any pairchart will show it )..this is on the GU chart .....see how short the RED GBP got twice ?.......decent signals when green usd was > zero line .......the 8 currencies are shown in top area as well - N

Attachments

• simple FXcorrelator.JPG
    simple FXcorrelator.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 168
hey all - slooow day today ..........USD is not really swinging much so far......that reduces the options on usd pairs for good runs .......

hey all ....sorry been busy at work last few days ....minimal scalping

played the game for 2 hours or so this morning .....6am london shown last 2 hours

green usd flatlining again until late in session .....so no bounces off the usd pairs to speak of ......... orange AUD was a no brain sell anyway so did scalp AU sells and EA buys ....not too bad :)

N

Attachments

• 21st 6am opens g8.JPG
    21st 6am opens g8.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 77
i finnishd my scalping a while back ...meanwhile euro getting trashed hard last few mins

hey all

no video today as im busy ...heres the weeks action ....starting monday 17th

ive tried to show currencies that were prime movers in each days trading

look at the Turquoise NZD...what a weeks volatility ...it was in top 2 every day nearly

3 days of blistering gains to +150's pips ..........then a really really big hit thursday .....then rallied again friday .....Rollercoaster !

some nice swing trading in the week ....notice how many currencies reversed directions from midweek ....classic pattern if you follow currency correlation

(Hint - always look for reversals if a currency hits 3 days in same direction )

N

Attachments

• G8 currencies week ending 22 sep 2017.JPG
    G8 currencies week ending 22 sep 2017.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 81
morning all......slooooow morning scalping G8

usd very sluggish this morning so far so the usd scalp pairs were tough to get any pips out of .........i did manage to crack some nice GU bull scalps though and EJ & EU sells were ok

see the blue line ?.........thats euro dumping -20 pips this morning that paid my bills

have a good day ...I have already :)
N

Attachments

• euro sells.JPG
    euro sells.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 85
morning all......slooooow morning scalping G8

usd very sluggish this morning so far so the usd scalp pairs were tough to get any pips out of .........i did manage to crack some nice GU bull scalps though and EJ & EU sells were ok

see the blue line ?.........thats euro dumping -20 pips this morning that paid my bills

have a good day ...I have already :)
N

euro still selling ......too easy ;)

euro speeches were interesting ........yen and Swissie made the waves though

both got out big bad bull during speech.... made 80 pips against others

euro stayed in the pack ....bloody gbp took most pain

theres a surprise
N

Attachments

• eurozone action.JPG
    eurozone action.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 91
hey gang ........

steady morning scalping away ...........swissie been the main sell so far london .......gbp got real real bull as well recently ....so no complaints

N