Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Tar.
exactly, no point in keep going on about it. What we need is an active next gen rolling cash commodities trader to post their comments here. We have hit a dead end together.

pc

I am coming back to this point after a couple of months ...

Re: I'm Here !

Hi JDTrader.
So do I, it would have saved me $100million.
But to be honest it had so many add ons and patches over the years it was just not feasible to keep upgrading it. we took the view two years ago that we had to move on. Especially when you think the way smart phones and tablets are going.
There was no way we could adapt market maker to the modern hard ware that is around today. We have developed two applications, flash flex for the desk top and non apple products and an independent iphone/ipad application.
Market maker could never have adapted to this type of new technology so we had to move on.
I know next gen is not liked universally but I can tell you from our point of view commercially it is very successful. also surely you want to see the spread bet industry moving with the times. that is what we are doing.
Not only with software but with products including rolling cash commodities, margin stop losses, precision pricing, no re quotes, no dealer intervention, interactive charts. to do all of this we needed new technology so there you have it.

thanks for your posting.
Peter :D:cheesy::)

Sorry if this comes across the wrong way, but how could you spend £100m on a new platform with so many features that people (not just me) seem to dislike? If you'd dragged a few hundred ex-CMC traders out of the nearest gutter, wiped the vomit off their bloated faces and asked them what they wanted in spreadbetting, I find it hard to believe it would be something like next gen.

Sorry if this comes across the wrong way, but how could you spend £100m on a new platform with so many features that people (not just me) seem to dislike? If you'd dragged a few hundred ex-CMC traders out of the nearest gutter, wiped the vomit off their bloated faces and asked them what they wanted in spreadbetting, I find it hard to believe it would be something like next gen.

Ross ! you a bad boy :sneaky:

BUT I LIKE IT :LOL:

The ship is going down ! JUMP

Tweet from Twitter:
@alaidi
Just to clear the record, I'll become independent as of April & no longer be doing media appearances under CMC Markets #forex $$

Should of kept him !

Hi JDTrader.
good question thanks. What you are seeing is market maker cfd platform. next gen spread bet has no dealer intervention it is all done electronically.
tune in over next couple of months and you will not see market maker cfd platform as we launch next gen cfd platform.
tks pc

When I see Ashraf on the TV your Pro Traders on the floor are using what platform ?

Looks like Market Maker ?

Is Next Gen just for retail ?
:cheesy:

what is happening to your poor dealers PC? Are they going to starve or are they making tens of thousands on the next gen platform from the comfort of their bedroom?

Thanks Ross.
just make my judgements in business on stats and the stats suggest that next gen is a big success with more on the way.
I rest my case
pc

Hi Arabian nights

Ah so you are concerned now for my dealers. I thought you were concerned for my clients. you are confusing me.

pc

what is happening to your poor dealers PC? Are they going to starve or are they making tens of thousands on the next gen platform from the comfort of their bedroom?

Hi Ross
it was $100million (not sterling as you stated) and on my next gen spread bet platform at current precision price of 1.61568 that makes £61,893,444.24. That figure is approximate.
As I said, stats prove that next gen is big success so you will just have to get used to the idea. But thanks for taking the time to post your view and comments.
thanks Peter

PC at CMC Markets

You could of save ££££££££££££££££ By going the MT4 route. MT4 is now the most traded platform among retail traders.

OR

Redeveloped the Market Maker and still saved.

Peter and I mean this sincerely but I think long term you will only get Newbie blow up account traders. And you may have to many YES men advising you. I know your very successful ££££ but when a forum of retail traders are telling you your platform is not what traders want surely you should listen ?

But your probably to far invested in the new platform now so S##t or Bust

Good Luck

Is Market Maker now closed or will you run both ?

Kind Regards
JD

Hi Ross
it was $100million (not sterling as you stated) and on my next gen spread bet platform at current precision price of 1.61568 that makes £61,893,444.24. That figure is approximate.
As I said, stats prove that next gen is big success so you will just have to get used to the idea. But thanks for taking the time to post your view and comments.
thanks Peter

Apologies for putting £ instead of $, but software designers are evidently as overpaid as bankers. I'd be inclined to ask for a £61,893,000 refund if they can't incorporate simple features that a guestimated 99% of clients want (such as the facility to change chart colours).
Again, it's only an opinion, but it's hard for me to understand why you didn't just adapt a platform that people like, such as MT4, and use the spare cash to lower the spreads.

Status
Not open for further replies.