Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top of the morning to u

@ cash charts : it is not about charting , traders need independent data to compare your commodities cash prices with , how a simple trader will know if your price is fair or not ? .

@ financing costs : after financing costs futures will be cheaper and we have the same leverage .

Regards .

I'm Here !

PC at CMC Markets ?

I notice you not touched on any of my posts ?

Hit a nerve :eek:

PC, I'm assuming you will be applying a daily rolling charge on top of your discount factor. How will that compare to the charges for carrying a futures bet?

morning scose.
cannot keep going over the same points. our financing is +2/-2 over libor.
then you have cost of carriage on commodities which applies to all companies. you fx storm explanation and my previous explanations regarding contango etc.

thanks peter

PC, I'm assuming you will be applying a daily rolling charge on top of your discount factor. How will that compare to the charges for carrying a futures bet?

Hi Tar
In time this type of question will not be necessary.
pc

Top of the morning to u

@ cash charts : it is not about charting , traders need independent data to compare your commodities cash prices with , how a simple trader will know if your price is fair or not ? .

@ financing costs : after financing costs futures will be cheaper and we have the same leverage .

Regards .

I think the point is... let's suppose I have 2 CMC accounts.

I go long oil in one and short oil in the other.

I shoulld be flat, right?

In fact this is going to cost me something every day.

That cost wouldn't apply if I had two futures trading accounts and went long/short oil. I'd have to put up margin at both brokers, sure, but it wouldn't be charged on the entire position...

Hi Arabian nights
why not go long and short on the same account with cmc then no finance at all as you wouldn't have a position. ha ha.
come on lets keep it real
thanks peter

I think the point is... let's suppose I have 2 CMC accounts.

I go long oil in one and short oil in the other.

I shoulld be flat, right?

In fact this is going to cost me something every day.

That cost wouldn't apply if I had two futures trading accounts and went long/short oil. I'd have to put up margin at both brokers, sure, but it wouldn't be charged on the entire position...

That's what I was getting at here.

I getted sidestepped.

I was only asking if CMCs finance cost for rolling the daily is the same as it would have been for carrying a future overnight.

Hi Tar
cash commodities will be more widely traded and I believe will be the norm, so your question will be academic. If I am wrong then we dont see the business and clients will trade on quarterly bets with others.
just to remind you cash commodities on next gen is our biggest product.
in near future investment banks will also offer this product. I know of one that is developing it now.
thanks pc

Any way thanks for your comments , but bottom line futures is cheaper than cash commodities , i dont c the advantages really ...

Regards

Hi Tar
cash commodities will be more widely traded and I believe will be the norm, so your question will be academic. If I am wrong then we dont see the business and clients will trade on quarterly bets with others.
just to remind you cash commodities on next gen is our biggest product.
in near future investment banks will also offer this product. I know of one that is developing it now.
thanks pc

That isn't an advert for you... if the bank is developing it it's because it thinks it can rip off unsophisticated clients! That's the usual rule...

Re: I'm Here !

Hi JDTrader.
So do I, it would have saved me $100million.
But to be honest it had so many add ons and patches over the years it was just not feasible to keep upgrading it. we took the view two years ago that we had to move on. Especially when you think the way smart phones and tablets are going.
There was no way we could adapt market maker to the modern hard ware that is around today. We have developed two applications, flash flex for the desk top and non apple products and an independent iphone/ipad application.
Market maker could never have adapted to this type of new technology so we had to move on.
I know next gen is not liked universally but I can tell you from our point of view commercially it is very successful. also surely you want to see the spread bet industry moving with the times. that is what we are doing.
Not only with software but with products including rolling cash commodities, margin stop losses, precision pricing, no re quotes, no dealer intervention, interactive charts. to do all of this we needed new technology so there you have it.

thanks for your posting.
Peter :D:cheesy::)

:oops:

On a serious note just wished the Market Marker Desktop was updated

Status
Not open for further replies.