Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Peter

I hope you are enjoying your holiday, despite answering all our posts!!

Just a quick question; when this new release happens, will it give you the option of betting say £10.50 per point, rather than either £10 or £11?

I still seem to be having a brief delay when placing trades, could this be something on my computer or is it at your end?

Cheers

Big.

Hi Mr big
Yep having a good time in South of france, very hot here been swimming and playing so golf. Think I will have to give golf up spraying it every where but not so much time to play these days and no time to practice.

to answer your questions.
Not sure about 0.50 per stake to be honest will have to check it out when I get back next week.

There has been absolutely no delay on live system for placing trades. In fact Next Gen has been so successful we have just increased the line capacity of the system which will allow us to do more than four times the trades we are doing at the moment. It is flying off the shelf.

Probably your browser. let me know if the problem persists.

cheers pc

Hi Peter

I hope you are enjoying your holiday, despite answering all our posts!!

Just a quick question; when this new release happens, will it give you the option of betting say £10.50 per point, rather than either £10 or £11?

I still seem to be having a brief delay when placing trades, could this be something on my computer or is it at your end?

Cheers

Big.

Haha it's a frustrating game, started playing myself in January! Managed to get myself down to playing off 18 in 8 months! Not bad, apart from the odd rage and a snapped driver! Haha

As for the betting sizes, don't worry about it, not important, just crossed my mind today whilst entering a trade.

As for the slight delay in execution, probably is at my end, I need a new computer at work anyway, maybe that will speed things up! It us about 5 years old after all!!!!

hi Mr Big.
got my handicap to 3 but those days are over now I think. I am 58 very soon
and just cannot hit it as far or as straight although I really only play couple of times a month now so I think the best has gone now.

why not buy ipad instead of new computer then you can move around with the markets on display all the time. i am using mine here in France and it is excellent for saying in touch with markets even at restaurants etc.

cheers pc

Haha it's a frustrating game, started playing myself in January! Managed to get myself down to playing off 18 in 8 months! Not bad, apart from the odd rage and a snapped driver! Haha

As for the betting sizes, don't worry about it, not important, just crossed my mind today whilst entering a trade.

As for the slight delay in execution, probably is at my end, I need a new computer at work anyway, maybe that will speed things up! It us about 5 years old after all!!!!

You would be back to 3 if you didn't spend so much time on this site!! :)

Do you know what a lovely welcoming gift from CMC markets would be, a nice shinny new ipad 2 for me to trade on!

My address is.................

ha-ha

hi Mr big, you will have to join the queue on that one. ha ha
regards Peter
You would be back to 3 if you didn't spend so much time on this site!! :)

Do you know what a lovely welcoming gift from CMC markets would be, a nice shinny new ipad 2 for me to trade on!

My address is.................

ha-ha

Anybody here trading live the Dow (US30) with CMC next-gen? In case there is, please give me some feedback on how they execute on this instrument. No re-quotes they claim, but does this come with a flawless execution or do you get a lot of "price no longer valid" error messengers, resulting in you not getting filled? The volatility has been crazy lately, so I am interested to find out how they cope in reference to the current market conditions. Sorry, at the moment I am not allowed to trade with them, although it will be possible later this year Peter informed us.

Peter,
You really need to stop the timing out on the platform, it's winding me right up.

Last edited:
Anybody here trading live the Dow (US30) with CMC next-gen? In case there is, please give me some feedback on how they execute on this instrument. No re-quotes they claim, but does this come with a flawless execution or do you get a lot of "price no longer valid" error messengers, resulting in you not getting filled? The volatility has been crazy lately, so I am interested to find out how they cope in reference to the current market conditions. Sorry, at the moment I am not allowed to trade with them, although it will be possible later this year Peter informed us.

Why can't you trade with CMC?

hi truthseeker,
because he is from hurdy gurdy land and there are some technical reasons why he cannot spread bet from there.
We haven't launched next gen yet in Sweden but he wont have to wait long.
Then he can become our biggest client, after you of course.

cheers pc

Why can't you trade with CMC?

Hi Peter
I use either FireFox Or IE8, it does it on both, I'm glad you're aware and understand my frustration, hope the fix comes soon.

Hi Truth seeker,

it has been one of the things that posters here have raised and we are totally aware of it ourselves through our clients It is very annoying, it is not in our interests to cut clients off
so it is urgent for us to get it fixed

thanks pc

Hi Peter
I use either FireFox Or IE8, it does it on both, I'm glad you're aware and understand my frustration, hope the fix comes soon.

hi gle101, you wont have to when we launch next gen.
coming your way soon, I promise.

pc
Swedes can't open a live account at the moment. That is the Spread betting divison. I am not too keen in paying 4 point spread on the Dow trading CMC CFDs in Sweden.

One detail about the charts

The numbers in price history on the left are very small, hard to see high and low of the candle if using a laptop

I saw this press release from CMC through pr newswire, do CMC also do a free lunch on the day Mr C.? How many turned up? Anyone on this thread fancy going to the next one?

Still playing around with the spread bet iPad app PC, will do a review in a week or so.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...he-ultimate-trading-experience-128168653.html

LONDON, August 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
CMC Markets [http://www.cmcmarkets.co.uk], one of the leading providers of spread betting and CFD trading, last week held its first monthly Traders' Club - a unique live trading session for customers. *

CMC Markets has developed the Traders' Club as part of its on going commitment to educating customers and keeping them informed about both the markets and the best trading techniques. *The Traders' Club, based at CMC's head offices in the heart of the city, gives CMC customers access to the specially created trading suites with added insight from CMC's experienced staff. *Customers have the opportunity to meet and share ideas with other like-minded traders whilst actively trading the markets. *

The session, aimed at enhancing customers' existing trading ability, is held in the newly developed 'Dream room' which gives customers the opportunity to trade in the ultimate trader environment. *The suite boasts the very latest trading technology as well as 50 inch screens providing a live feed to CNBC, Bloomberg, CNN and BBC News - giving customers the experience of a real life trading floor. *

The day's activity provides customers with insight into different trading strategies and technical analysis alongside unique volume data and live heat maps. *The Traders' Club is held by Market Analyst, Michael Hewson and Product Managers Ryan O'Doherty and Craig Inglis at CMC's offices in Houndsditch. *

Ryan O'Doherty, Product Manager at CMC Markets said "Customer service is at the core of our business and we want to assist our traders throughout their journey. *This includes assisting traders during exploration, through to education and fulfilment. *The first Traders' Club was a huge success and was very well received by all our customers that attended."

He added: "It is our on-going commitment to educate and inform our customers to give them the very best foundations on which to become a successful trader, including showing them how make use of risk management tools, as well as giving them access to the most innovative, sophisticated and easy to use trading platform on the market. *We look forward to our next Traders' Club in September."

The next Traders' Club event will be held at CMC Markets head office in Houndsditch on 23 September 2011. *To apply, call +44(0)20-7170-8209.
Notes to Editors

CMC Markets is a leading global provider of financial spread betting, CFD and foreign exchange (FX). Since Peter Cruddas founded CMC Markets in 1989, the company now services more than 75,000 clients worldwide, who placed a total of 26 million trades last year.

CMC Markets UK Plc and CMC Spreadbet Plc (collectively known as CMC Markets) are authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Services Authority.

For further information on spread betting with CMC Markets please visit http://www.cmcmarkets.co.uk.
SOURCE CMC Markets

Status
Not open for further replies.