Best Thread Capital Spreads

microsoft said:
OK - what can you do during the 25 seconds ?

Best answer gets to have a few hours chat with Jesse Livermore, who will rise from his grave.

2nd gets a Capital Spreads T Shirt with their "Price Expired" ticket on the front.

If anyone from Capital Spreads wins we will upgrade their dial up connection, as a bonus.

Competition closes after Non Farm Pay Rolls on Friday.

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!

You could make a trade with Capital, then while you wait around, log into Victor Chandler Betting. and review all the afternoons horse racing, dogs and soccer. Before you check the soccer, you could check to see if you were filled or price expired.

badtrader - Both CMC (Deal For Free) and Finspreads offer near instant fills with almost no rejected trades, if you wanted to continue to take your Spread Betting chances. The only problem is you would not be able to log in to Victor Chandler while you wait for confimration. But hey, that probably a good thing.

Auto execution is being built as I write ... dealer acceptance model is being upgraded.... higher spec hardware is being purchased. If we fall behind we will lose market share.

The average deal acceptance time on our platform is sub 5 secs at the moment..(which we can prove because it is an audit report in our admin area)..obviously trying to be honest on this thread just brings out the anoraks.. mention the word 25 secs and people think that this is the norm. Yesterday we took some 3000 trades 18 of them took longer than 20 secs.. two took longer than 25 secs .. this delay was not due to our dealers who as I say accept trades almost immediately... oddly the delayed deals aways seem to be the same clients. Our IT guys are looking at whether there is some problem on the interface between particular service providers and our platform (probably bloody AOL again)

25 seconds is enough time to say 'uuummm you did say Buy didnt you?'

good trading

Simon

capitalspreads said:
Auto execution is being built as I write ... dealer acceptance model is being upgraded.... higher spec hardware is being purchased. If we fall behind we will lose market share.

The average deal acceptance time on our platform is sub 5 secs at the moment..(which we can prove because it is an audit report in our admin area)..obviously trying to be honest on this thread just brings out the anoraks.. mention the word 25 secs and people think that this is the norm. Yesterday we took some 3000 trades 18 of them took longer than 20 secs.. two took longer than 25 secs .. this delay was not due to our dealers who as I say accept trades almost immediately... oddly the delayed deals aways seem to be the same clients. Our IT guys are looking at whether there is some problem on the interface between particular service providers and our platform (probably bloody AOL again)

25 seconds is enough time to say 'uuummm you did say Buy didnt you?'

good trading

Simon

I am rolling on the floor with laughter. That means I was one of the 2 then because my trade took quite long yesterday!. We just love your platform we are waiting patiently. While you are at the investigation stage I will also look into the use of flash plugin as it has this strange behaviour on my platform. Which is window xp. Though it is only your site that I this problem with. It makes for uncomfortable trading. Nice to know your looking into your audits.

The platform seems to be slow I have logge off twice and still no change will try deleting some of your temp files.

abobtrader said:
Just realised I had one last question:

earlier you said:

"We try to get the trades and orders away as fast as possible but (and its a big but) there is a small delay on confirms. We try to be reasonable about it and my instructions to the dealers is to allow trades through so long as the trade is not too out of line. "

is it possible to clarify was it 'too out of line', does it relate to size or filling away from the current spot, or both? if it relates to size is there a particular size in FX I should be aware of that may reduce the probability of my order going through, or are all orders - £150 a point and £1 a point - treated equally?

Simon, thanks for at least trying to boost execution times. Please can you answer the above?

PS - I had a complete time out on my trade request yesterday, and this is not the only time.

Simon unfortunately I have to echo others comments here as the site is really slow.
I tried looking at Account Ifo and seriously took ages before you can view anything.Also once you try getting out of that back to open positions same time lag. As you say it may be an IT problem and its Definitely in your back yard as all the other sites IG etc are super fast. Aslo My Pc is Top Spec and using a 2 meg BB.
I hope you resolve the matter soonest as It makes me reluctant to take trades etc.

rgds
zarif

Cool Trader - Well if you were one I was the other. Thats amazing that we were the two and we are both here ! What a very small world.

Zarif - You can have multiple windows open. Log in once the Ctrl +N if you are using Internet Explorer.

Simon - Glad you are on it. Please update us. Will the auto execution apply to FX and to all bet sizes ?

Last edited:
we are working on it at the moment... as some form of compensation we have decided to test out 2 pips on the EUR/USD

Simon

Simon

That is a great move. Once you sort out the you know what, it will be a great advantage over the others. Would not suprise me if they follow.

Why Euro and not Cable ? I notice that a few retail brokers do the same.

Spread

capitalspreads said:
we are working on it at the moment... as some form of compensation we have decided to test out 2 pips on the EUR/USD

Simon

Go Simon Go Simon :cool: . what about cable :cheesy:

Spreadbetteur

for most of the time it will be for all markets .... but there will be a cut off size above which a dealer will see the trade ... this will be linked to the risk of the bet not the actual stake... i.e a £100 bet in vodafone is not as risky as a £100 bet in the Dow.

In times of figures though it will be turned off ... because data feeds become too erratic.

we are looking at v.early jan for this upgrade.

Simon

Spreadbettur - many thanks for that tip as having multiple screens will have me smiling.Indebted to you.
Simon -nice move EurDoll at 2pips -smiling already.

rgds
zarif

Zarif - I keep open 3 position pages, it is amazing how quicker one can refresh over the other.

What with all the slowness it gives you a better chance of seeing the new position earlier. Often you can see the trade here b4 the confirmation slip refreshes onto the page you placed the order on.

Simon

Sounds good. Hopefully it will be so fast we will get the confirmation before the trade is even placed.

A good night too all.

Spread

Simon

I have mentioned this on the thread before. The ratio between the EUR.USD and GBP.USD are around 1.5. Now 2 pips EUR.USD and 3 pips GBP.USD are more balanced. I think this is excellent news. Although as you said it is compensation, but lets hope you can keep the 2 pips in the future, on the EUR/USD.like I said it is more balanced

for the ones who are asking for 3 pips on cable. well I think 2 pips EUR and 3 pips cable is fair at this time,I will put some money in and try the 2 pips out.

cooltrader

oooohh one day .... we must always keep something up our sleeves.................

retail brokers charge commission and take no market risk as the trading screens are just portals to major quoting bank platforms... on the other hand we take , initially, all the risk and if we hedge we also get charged so at the moment 2 pips is not close on cable.

simon

hello capitalspreads

i am new to spreadbet. few questions. do capitalspread pay interest on unused cash? secondly how safe is our money? and lastly do capitalspread offer rolling bets? if not, any reasons?

thanks

capitalspreads said:
cooltrader

oooohh one day .... we must always keep something up our sleeves.................

retail brokers charge commission and take no market risk as the trading screens are just portals to major quoting bank platforms... on the other hand we take , initially, all the risk and if we hedge we also get charged so at the moment 2 pips is not close on cable.

simon

Simon,

re your comment above, it true you take all the risk initially, that doesn't necessarily mean you should charge as the a mark-up over same spreads you have to pay to hedge the risk.

In theory, you could charge a lower spread, because the majority of trades on your book (in FX at least) will offset each other when bucketed together, making the residual exposure to be hedged relatively small. So, your spread cost as a % of total trades on your book is likely to be pretty small, at least in the fx market (guessing). In theory, if you were large enough, you could charge a lower spread than the direct access and still make a profit !

I'm guessing the bucketing together of trades is where most of your profit comes from, so I know you can't squeeze the spread too much. I'm not calling for tighter spreads...you are v.good vs the competition....just making a point, which I think is right, though perhaps I am barking up the wrong tree.

anyway, still no answer to my previous question?

Abobtrader

Abotrader

In general, trading 90% lose. That is the figure which is thrown about.

In Spread Betting, a reasonable assumption, is that it is higher, as it attracks new meat and those who are less experienced, while most professionals or those experienced tend to consider spreadbetting a cowboy operations and go elsewhere to enter and exit the markets.

So even if Spread become tighter, the SB's are on to an absolute winner over a reasonable sample size. Especially with the tricks they are able to employ, which go unnoticed by the masses. This might be delayed execution with selective fills, as in the Capital Spreads example and many more.

I am sure if one of the companies reduce, say the Cable spread to 2 pips, the others will follow.

I am quite suprised that the spreads have not changed much in the last 2 years.

If Capital keep Rolling Euro at 2 pips, it will be interesting to see if the others follow.

Which is better though CMC, Finspreads or Retail Broker with almost instant execution on 3 pips or Capital with 2 pips though a likely 10 / 14.5 sec delay on most entries. I guess it depends on your system a little, though I would be happy to give the 1 pip with the knowledge that I would get near instant fill, a this point in time.

Nothing worse than entering a trade and watching and waiting for a confirmation, while the market moves and you have your hands tied.