Best Thread Capital Spreads

I don't quite get that. If I open a trade with Fins and the margin requirement gets touched, the trade is closed. However, the price could be thirty points above the margin requirement and I need my own stop for that. Why do you say that a stop is not necessary?

I have a lot of symapthy with Capital spreads on this one. In the end it doesn't matter what people think is fair, its simply the case that if SB firms allowed people to bet with an advantage over the SB firms pricing method then the SB firm will eventually go bust.

SB firms use some method to reflect market prices. We can make money in principle by beating the market but there's simply no way we're going to be allowed to make money by beating the method by which SB firms reflect the market.

[BTW I'd use Capital spreads a lot more if they didn't have compulsory stops. They're a huge pain]
There is actually rules that regulates this kind of markets. We recently got the EU MiFID financial directives. It clearly states that discrimination of clients is not allowed. Meaning you cannot flag certain clients in order to limit their trading success. What can you do to take unfair advantage? Nothing really, network latency is just a poor excuse for categorizing clients, and is not as valid today with the present platform and price feed technology. SB traders buy on the price offer given by the SB, and rightly so (price feed error an exception), if there is a latency problem to speak of, it is SB responsibility to re-quote or give a price no longer valid' message, not blame the trader for acting on real market movement.

Hello There . Newbie to here .
Re: the spreadbetting , I'm using worldspreads for about 6 weeks now and find them grand . http://www.worldspreads.com/
Standard bets are rolling with nightly very low rollover charges . They can roll over for years if necessary .
There are 3 month and 6 month options as well with no rollover charges but with a higher quote first day when you open .
You have to place a stop loss yourself which I like . (Automatic stop losses from some providors are dangerous ) .
I'm keeping a good bit in reserve for margin .
Spread betting is great . Just have to watch the margin , don't get greedy .

There is actually rules that regulates this kind of markets. We recently got the EU MiFID financial directives. It clearly states that discrimination of clients is not allowed. Meaning you cannot flag certain clients in order to limit their trading success. What can you do to take unfair advantage? Nothing really, network latency is just a poor excuse for categorizing clients, and is not as valid today with the present platform and price feed technology. SB traders buy on the price offer given by the SB, and rightly so (price feed error an exception), if there is a latency problem to speak of, it is SB responsibility to re-quote or give a price no longer valid' message, not blame the trader for acting on real market movement.
The SB firm may not be able to react fast enough to re-quote or notice the price is no longer valid, and if there's people out there who can get price info and act on it quicker than the SB firm can respond then the rule is just silly - just leaves the options of increasing the spread and hurting everyone or going bust (or breaking the rules)

I'm not expert at all on the price feed technology but its not a matter of how fast the SBs platform is in absolute terms but whether there's people out there who are even faster.

I don't quite get that. If I open a trade with Fins and the margin requirement gets touched, the trade is closed. However, the price could be thirty points above the margin requirement and I need my own stop for that. Why do you say that a stop is not necessary?
If that was addressed to me ...

I've nothing against stops i just don't want to use them. I have my own signals for when to open and close positions and they're nothing to do with how much a bet is down.

All I have to do with IG and GFT is make sure I have enough margin and we're all happy. Using capital spreads I have to worry about being stopped out when I don't want to be even when I have loads of money in my account and no margin concerns.

I think it's more a case that positions always have to be opened at least the spread worse than the price when the punter clicks the box. In other words, a bet will never instantly be in profit, which is when delays, rejections and designer slippage enter the picture.

The SB firm may not be able to react fast enough to re-quote or notice the price is no longer valid, and if there's people out there who can get price info and act on it quicker than the SB firm can respond then the rule is just silly - just leaves the options of increasing the spread and hurting everyone or going bust (or breaking the rules)

I'm not expert at all on the price feed technology but its not a matter of how fast the SBs platform is in absolute terms but whether there's people out there who are even faster.
If this would be the case, they don't have any controll of the prices hitting the servers, total anarchy would preveil in this market. :)

I don't get it, why?
There must be a match between the input (your click price) and the parameters set by the SB for regulating the execution price. This in reference to the internal price feed I have to add.

There must be a match between the input (your click price) and the parameters set by the SB for regulating the execution price.
Still not with you

SB firm gets a data feed, translates into a spread, sends it to our screen

We bet at the screen price, SB firm runs some procedure to accept the bet based on what we requested and the latests data they have.

This is independent of whether some poeple are acting on better information than the SB firm has.

Still not with you

SB firm gets a data feed, translates into a spread, sends it to our screen

We bet at the screen price, SB firm runs some procedure to accept the bet based on what we requested and the latests data they have.

This is independent of whether some poeple are acting on better information than the SB firm has.
This is actually the same thing, but it is not done on manual basis (unless of course you are set on manual referral to a dealer). There is a IT system that takes care of this procedure, with client and back office administrated parameters in collaboration.

This is actually the same thing, but it is not done on manual basis (unless of course you are set on manual referral to a dealer). There is a IT system that takes care of this procedure, with client and back office administrated parameters in collaboration.
We must be talking at cross-purposes, I can't really match up what you're saying with what I'm saying.

The problem is telling the difference between people betting because they can act faster than the IT procedure can get/process data and the rest of us.

We must be talking at cross-purposes, I can't really match up what you're saying with what I'm saying.

The problem is telling the difference between people betting because they can act faster than the IT procedure can get/process data and the rest of us.
No they can't, unless there is a major problem with network latency, or in a case where you have inside information. There is some high tech high speed frequency IT network setups, that can collect data a few hundreds ms faster. But I doubt very much they trade SB, ha ha. It might help to have a Reuters or Bloomberg news service, that might be as close as we ordinary traders can get, receiving information a fraction times faster, compared to that of the SB price feed flickering on our screens.

No they can't, unless there is a major problem with network latency, or in a case where you have inside information. There is some high tech high speed frequency IT network setups, that can collect data a few hundreds ms faster. But I doubt very much they trade SB, ha ha. It might help to have a Reuters or Bloomberg news service, that might be as close as we ordinary traders can get, receiving information a fraction times faster, compared to that of the SB price feed flickering on our screens.
Network latency was the point I was addressing. The high tech setups will be looking for anyone stupid enough to take their trades and I doubt you have to be that high tech to beat the latency of the average SB firm. News is a different issue, this is about people who know the price has updated (relative to the SB firms data) and are effectively trying to charge the SB firm a spread.

If that was addressed to me ...

I've nothing against stops i just don't want to use them. I have my own signals for when to open and close positions and they're nothing to do with how much a bet is down.

All I have to do with IG and GFT is make sure I have enough margin and we're all happy. Using capital spreads I have to worry about being stopped out when I don't want to be even when I have loads of money in my account and no margin concerns.

I understand.

Network latency was the point I was addressing. The high tech setups will be looking for anyone stupid enough to take their trades and I doubt you have to be that high tech to beat the latency of the average SB firm. News is a different issue, this is about people who know the price has updated (relative to the SB firms data) and are effectively trying to charge the SB firm a spread.
So which SB firm is easy to beat, by trading on the network latency? How often do you get a better price than what you clicked for? Network latency should work both ways you know.