Best Thread Capital Spreads

To my mind the solution is amazingly straight forward - The firm retain the right to reject orders which have moved against them whilst the client retains the right to have orders fill in their favour when the better price becomes available - Is this concept so hard?

Hi Steve,

To me, it's not difficult at all.

Of course in the direct access market, we have the ablity to place BUY STOP LIMIT and SELL STOP LIMIT orders.

I just wanted a level playing field, that was all, and CS don't offer it any more.

If they are going to hold the order on Dealer Intervention, then I should have the ability to cancel it during that time.

Dave

They don't even have to be that good. They can just requote or reject your order and do it quick. You may still decide to go elsewhere because this may not be acceptable to you. What I find astounding is you may not know whether an order is filled or not. The fact that Capital Spreads believe they can make you lose control to such an extreme extent and still stay business shows you the low esteem in which they hold their clients.

They don't even have to be that good. They can just requote or reject your order and do it quick. You may still decide to go elsewhere because this may not be acceptable to you. What I find astounding is you may not know whether an order is filled or not. The fact that Capital Spreads believe they can make you lose control to such an extreme extent and still stay business shows you the low esteem in which they hold their clients.

From memory, it's the same with WS and Fins. 'Best execution' my ****!

Based on all the comments being discussed about CS, why is anyone using them at all when there are much better and fairer companies around ?

Paul

not yet but on my way

You're going to make a fortune.

Steve.

:clap:
thx,

is not that easy, when i started i try to bee clever and play on nikkey225 ,:whistle:( lost 1K in a 2 weeks:mad:

so i take some time off and started again with demo acc. was ok so again got life and was working until January 2008:mad: again in red 100£

But i read everything about money management and stress control and started again.

for last 1 week I'm up 270£ so it is working.
I'm scalping on 1 min. because it is my nature I'm a chef in "normal" life so I'm loving short steers full moments:p

The system req.lots of screen watching and very quick decisions.

Also my money management as fallows:
first trade of the day always 1 per point
If i win:cheesy: second one is for 3 or 5 per pip

One more thing i lose on pips but win on money:clap::cheesy:(y)because pips can't buy stuff:smart:

if the first one is in red i take a break for 1h read a book
or go and cook something.

As for today (Friday 14.03.2008)just 1 signal but i was making a coffee so no trade:!:

will keep you posted about my progress

adam

Attachments

• fts14.03.bmp
    1.4 MB · Views: 108
Based on all the comments being discussed about CS, why is anyone using them at all when there are much better and fairer companies around ?

Paul

I use them, but not exclusively (also have IG x2,CMCx2 & WS)

I find them ok BUT I don't trade the news releases and I don't trade over £5 per pip. I probably have 1 or 2 trades rejected per week (out of around 8-10 a day) and I find their trading platform quite fast ~ but I don't have ANY other programmes/websites open on that particular computer. ( I am fortunate to have 5 seperate computers running in my office just for charts & SB platforms.)

I use them, but not exclusively (also have IG x2,CMCx2 & WS)

I find them ok BUT I don't trade the news releases and I don't trade over £5 per pip. I probably have 1 or 2 trades rejected per week (out of around 8-10 a day) and I find their trading platform quite fast ~ but I don't have ANY other programmes/websites open on that particular computer. ( I am fortunate to have 5 seperate computers running in my office just for charts & SB platforms.)

Like you I now have no other major programmes running on the same PC as CS (only FF calender and sometimes FXNews) and since I did this I have had very few delay problems with them. I trade varying amounts above and below your £5 limit and haven't experienced any real issues with fills, indeed sometimes after news I get very generous fills, but perhaps I should say no more about that.

On the other hand I recently tried out ODL and their platform is dangerous. Regularly freezes especially when a trade has been placed so you have to login again and their platform takes an eternity to load up ( my PC's are no slouches). Although some of their spreads are attractive they have insufficient advantage over CS & IG combined. If they speed up their site and solve the outages they might then compete.

strada.

I keep under £5 per pip with CS mainly because of past posts on this thread. I have NO Trouble with IG and CMC at £10~£15 PP.

Worldspreads.... can't comment ~ only use them at £2 PP for experimentation during the morning.

this time i was ready

hi,

ok look at this,

2 possible points to go short i took second one made 3 pips:clap:
with no risk entry in second bar

adam

p.s is the size of the pictures ok or are they to big?

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily2 (14-MAR-08)SELL SHORT.bmp
    469.8 KB · Views: 103

CS did lower spread cost for everyone. remember what they used to be like.

sb firms are making good profits and increasing every year.

if a platform is no good people will go elsewhere. Its not the platform that will make or lose you money but the trading system?

Last edited:
hm my loosing trade

i think is important to post losing trades so:

i was down 28pips today * 5 per pip and...... i run out of money on the acc. so cs closed my position:mad::mad::eek::sleep:

so in red 140 £(n)(n)

1 minute after it went my way (short) so I'm up 20 pips but just * 1

so for the day pips - 8
cash -120£

Lesson is put more money in the acc. i think 500£ :!:

Adorozlondyn, this thread is to discuss Capital Spreads so with all due respect if you want to post about them, you can do it here but if you want to post your trades or your trading system, you should start another thread in the appropriate section on this board. I dont think anyone would want this thread to stray from its original purpose. Thanks.

For information's sake I would like to point out that at no time do we ever claim that spread betting is easy money.

For those who came along to our seminars I was renowned for pointing out time and again that for Private Clients trading in the financial markets it is very very difficult and that some 80% lose money. This is not unique to SB but is also the percentage who lose using the DA that so many commentators like to crow about. I have also made this statement many times on this thread. If trading was easy we would all be millionaires. If you look across the financial landscape why do you think that it is generally the brokers who own the yachts. The men in the middle always get their turn no matter which way the markets go. SB's make markets, we do not recommend any trades we merely give people the opportunity to make trades. What they do with this is up to them.

CS's trading platform has it's limitations (as do all trading platforms) and occassionally a client will get a trade rejected. BUT for those of you who use DA will know that this is no different to trying to trade there. This afternoon one of our bigger clients had a stop trigger in the dow. we honoured his stop but failed (twice) to get the hedge away as the market collapsed in the chaos of the BS announcement and by the time we could get it away we had binned some £12K. ce la vie. You win some you lose some.

By the same factor I was personally short the dax just as the earlier rally was getting going I failed to buy to close my position (for a small loss) then got distracted (by the events going on) and by the time I went back I was in a major profit! Life is like that.

Over the past three weeks two SB companies and several hedge funds have gone under, Bear Stearns look holed below the water line and the credit crunch is in full swing, so contrary to some comments it is not all sweetness and light all the time in this neck of the woods.

Fortunately for our clients our policy of never giving credit to anyone means that CS is financially in very good shape and you can all sleep well knowing that your money is not going to be affected by somebody elses woes.

Simon

Simon,

Your stories about your trades are as intersting as watching eggs boil. You are the head of a SB company who triggers people's orders and then they can't see it for ages, reject trades which then show up in open positions, etc. No one cares about your DAX trades, not any more than we care about any other trader's positions. Just sort your platform out and move on.

1- Give people the option to cancel trades while they wait ages for it to get filled

2- If you say a trade is rejected, make sure it doesn't then show in 'open positions' minutes later

3- Never, ever, say, 'check your open positions'. Just fill or reject the trade.

Don't give us stuff about 'free money' etc, just provide a decent service. You carry on and on about 80% people losing even trading DA. What has that got to do with the price of fish? My DA broker fills my orders instantly and I have control over the open position as soon as it goes through. I get slipped from time to time and that is how the market works.

Your smoke and mirrors stories are running a bit thin, buddy. Just fix your outfit.

>>For those who came along to our seminars I was renowned for pointing out time and again that for Private Clients trading in the financial markets it is very very difficult and that some 80% lose money.<<

true.

Well here`s what happened to me today

These robbing bast*rds went and cancelled ALL trades from RBS yes you know who you are Mr Denham and Nick H .Their reason was they were latent prices i produced the LSE data feed to back up my case .

THESE ROBBERS WOULDN`T ACCEPT IT

They said they had been told the LSE they were receiving delayed prices and cancelled ALL trades

They`re ROBBERS in white shirts it`s white collar crime

When i got angry they closed my account

THEY don`t give a flying f*ck

They will rob you blind

Last edited: