Best Thread Bund Bobl and Schatz Thread

that's a fair few RT's in a day. have you thought you might be overtrading?

Yes, definetly. I should be doing at least half as many trades as I put on. Need better discipline and wait for the better prices (and avoid tempting to scalp every goddamn bid/ask).

i dont seen anything wrong with 80 trades in the bund. if u are a good trader and recognize a few patterns 80 trades in this market is fair depending on ur style always. on a busy day i do 100 trades for ex. rogue bund is not an easy market dont get dissapointed. u reach into a point where al this madness becomes second nature to u. just try to keep disciplined and develop a flexible style as what it works on monday is useless on tuesday. this market has 1000 faces. and at the end of the day this pain is part of the process we all go through even the best

thx for encouraging words. should i be trading ftse, any easier?

i'll stick it out with the bund and try to learn as much as i can, just hope all this learning wont cost my account!

BRING IT ON INVESTMENT BANKS!

thx for encouraging words. should i be trading ftse, any easier?

i'll stick it out with the bund and try to learn as much as i can, just hope all this learning wont cost my account!

BRING IT ON INVESTMENT BANKS!

How about sell 112.32 or buy 111.77 ?

Hi,

Just to put my two pence worth in, I am not trading at the moment, as I have said i used to trade over at Marex. Left as I had kids and was not enjoying the everyday stresses with them. If you are signal and have no commitments different story. I still do trade but on a longer term basis, found it less stressful and allows me to earn an income which helps my own personal phiscology as I know my boys have what they need. Alot of people either scalped Intramarket spreads / STIR spreads or scalped outrights. There was not to many directional traders. A number of traders there scalping the bund. There philosphy was they can make alot more one tick winners than 1 tick losers, filled the order book and just scalped the bid offer all day. Obviously pulled all orders over figures. It is getting used to automatically taking a one tick hit if needed and watching the order book. This strategy is benefical the more rtp you do. You will find the big players pay minimal commisions. Therefore can afford to take alot more scratches. I was getting charged a 1 Euro per RTP, however getting up to higher bands the comms go down drastically. The people in the higher bands can in effect enter the market at least 20 times and as long as they make 1 tick profit out of 20 trades they have broken even. Therefore a disciplined apporch ensureing you scratch or at most lose one tick gives a high % probabilty of making money as you are a lot more likely to make one tick winners than if you where looking for direction and taking 5 - 10 ticks out the market. If you are struggling with the bund look to trade either bobl or schatz as they move slower. Watch the bund and the spread charts for indications. If not have a look at the Stoxx as it tends to trade through the prices more rather than flip. If you have access to CQG there is a chart on there which allows you to see how long / short the market is. I forget the name but I will look it up for you. It helps identify turning points in the market.

its all about the banks earnings today and tomorrow. 77 its a good level for a bounce but not doing anything until merrill is out

yes, i agree that the stress is not for everybody. but i justify it that when times are good, its probably best job in the world since it gives u so much freedom and once someone finds their "edge" its possible to make a reasonable amount day in and day out.

scalping is probably the best way to make money in the bund. however, when u catch a move in the right direction and ride it, its extremely profitable and if u were scalping and just took 2 ticks off of a 15 tick move then thats a horrible feeling (especially if u reverse ur position and end up with a loser) but it happens. When the bund fails to break through a level, especially in a fast markets, it makes sense to sell the high, buy low and just wait instead of trying to scalp.

I do not worry too much about roundtrips as i'm only paying 80 eurocents per roundtrip and that is great as I am only doing 2 lots so if/when I do 20 lots I will get a substantial reduction in costs.

I would appreciate the CQG data as i do have CQG.

I am doing very well today after being stopped out yesterday, starting to figure out this market and not get too greedy and cut the losers out (easier said than done obviously)

Hi,

I have the information with my trading logs indoors. I have just had a quick lock on the CQG website to see it I can find it. It looks very similar to the Tradeflow Chart they have except you where able to see the bid / over volumes within the chart which allowed you to see if the market was over bought oversold and potential turning points to scalp off. Can I ask which broker you use to get RTP's at 0.80.

how about i make all my money in the morning and leave before lunch (where I inevitably always lose my profits and sometimes more)?

I cleaned up off of it but only because I was short stirs by chance and had time to pull my bids and stick them a few ticks lower. Lost a little bit of it bottom fishing though ;)

I take it the bund move wasn't primarily on that market news "ecb offical"...

P.s. speaking of bottom fishing stirs, buying march euribor at 92 may be a good idea ;)

AIm for 97 get out 91 if you get a fill... I'm on the bid