Brexit - in or out

Brexit charge halted for a bit, 5/2 available now with stay at 1/3

Difficult. Would you like to see happen in the UK what has happened in Cataluña?

An indeterminate part of the population want independence for Cataluña. A party formed by the left, called ERC got a lot of seats in the Catalan Parliament, but not enough. The governing party lost the majority. It was centre but, also, Jordi Pujol was president for 23 years and he was called "Mr 3%". All his family are up for trial on corruption charges. The next president was an Artur Mas. Nothing proved against him but the party is very tainted. This president, seeing the way his party was going, joined up with ERC to form a coalition. Still, not enough seats, so they formed an agreement with a really left wing party called CUP. The whole lot have gained a majority of one seat, can't remember off hand, maybe two.

They want to take Cataluña out of Spain. Every other party, equivalent to UK New Labour, Libs and Conservatives (although they have different names) want a referendum. What do you think of that?

This is what the end of the old two party system has done. The UK is, no longer, a two party nation in Westminster. I should be very careful of giving too much power to governments formed by coalitions. They cannot, on all points, govern with the manifesto promised to their voters. In addition, Cameron's party is very divided.

Never like Catalunatics, more Castilian my self. As always for unity rather than stupid segregation and independence of power hungry mad corrupt people who want it all their way instead of being part of a team.

It's ridiculous. :mad:

People want their identity as if it is of any importance. Who are Catalunians anyway? Are they not people? Much easier to wear a football shirt showing your team colours than this malarkey of independence.

People are stupid to the nth degree.

That's it! I'm getting rid of my belt and will hold my trousers with a safety pin. I'm now an anarchistic punk. You can call me jolly rotten.

And this is for the establishment who don't what they are talking about!

punk_fashion_london_britain_1983_495042.jpg

Coz I'm different baby oh yeahhh. :love::love::love::love:

This is how great the EU is. Us and Germany have the lowest unemployment rates and are clearly the most dynamic and desirable places for job opportunities.
We do ok because we are reasonably innovative and hardworking. Germany is similar in this respect but also has the added advantage of a failing Euro currency which helps with their exports.

The PIGS high unemployment is somewhat understandable as they are only holiday destination countries anyhow.:LOL:

You sure about all that ?

Uk is about halfway down the list of EU growth, Germany below average

http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/tgm/table.do?tab=table&init=1&language=en&pcode=tec00115&plugin=1

They are quite cuddly, really, but I've never tried them out with someone like you. I'd, probably, get a surprise. :)

Found Catalonians rude and offensive when I went travelling around Barcelona. Maybe it was because I happened to be in the company of Castilians and got brushed off in the same light. On the other hand areas like Zamora, Salamanca and Madrid I felt much more at home and better treated.

It could just be me. :innocent:

Found Catalonians rude and offensive when I went travelling around Barcelona. Maybe it was because I happened to be in the company of Castilians and got brushed off in the same light. On the other hand areas like Zamora, Salamanca and Madrid I felt much more at home and better treated.

No problems like that in the UK. If your boat can't make it you can get a ride.
Once you arrive you get put up much better than you ever had it and don't worry about a job we will even pay you to sit in the house we provided.
Now just bide your time and send for a few relatives so your not lonely and don't speak English no worries, we even have teachers in schools for your kids who didn't learn yet. Then anything else troubling you head out to the NHS and pick from the many treasures they offer.

Yeah who would want to go to Spain and feel unwelcome!

Well, if you go knocking around with that lot, what can you expect? :)

Hope that you haven't been making life difficult for me.

No problems like that in the UK. If your boat can't make it you can get a ride.
Once you arrive you get put up much better than you ever had it and don't worry about a job we will even pay you to sit in the house we provided.
Now just bide your time and send for a few relatives so your not lonely and don't speak English no worries, we even have teachers in schools for your kids who didn't learn yet. Then anything else troubling you head out to the NHS and pick from the many treasures they offer.

Yeah who would want to go to Spain and feel unwelcome!

Oh I would love to go to Spain again any and every time opportunity rears its head.

Well, if you go knocking around with that lot, what can you expect? :)

Hope that you haven't been making life difficult for me.

I know whey we got the terse treatment. You know there are language differences between Spanish and Catalan right? That's what kicked it off for sure.

It's like the Welsh taking offence to some different spelling of words and burning down an Englishman's castle.

All very touchy stuff. Some people have to go around urinating on their corner of the street to make sure they mark their territory.

Primal stuff if you ask me. (y)

I know whey we got the terse treatment. You know there are language differences between Spanish and Catalan right? That's what kicked it off for sure.

It's like the Welsh taking offence to some different spelling of words and burning down an Englishman's castle.

All very touchy stuff. Some people have to go around urinating on their corner of the street to make sure they mark their territory.

Primal stuff if you ask me. (y)

It is a common misconception that Catalan is spoken in preference to Catalan. The Catalans are bi-lingual. How do you think that I have lived here for fifty one years? My Catalan is very poor. I have been all over Cataluña. The smallest villages imaginable and the inhabitants have spoken to me in flawless Castellano.
Not only because they could but because they wanted me to feel at home with them.

I believe that, in your case, the reverse is true. That you were biased against Catalans by the company that you were with.

Lately, I will agree, there is more emphasis on Catalan because of the drive towards independence-

In my case, I don't speak much Catalan because, in all this time, I have never been required to do so.

The Catalans are not stupid. They know that it is of little use only speaking Catalan when, if they only travel two hundred kilometros, no one will understand them.

For the sake of the millions of military personnel that died in the greatest wars in history and in conflicts ever since - vote LEAVE - they fought and died for the freedoms that we enjoy now, not to be ruled and overruled by unelected representatives with lying political agendas.

Democracy and sovereignty is everything.

For the sake of the millions of military personnel that died in the greatest wars in history and in conflicts ever since - vote LEAVE - they fought and died for the freedoms that we enjoy now, not to be ruled and overruled by unelected representatives with lying political agendas.

Respect your view but the EU was put in place to ensure that the wars between European powers stopped and such a waste of life didn't happen again. If for no other reason I want to stay.

A lot of people have died for their country. The UK is not free from getting mixed up in wars and has had her share of politicians at the top who have sacrificed British lives to further their own ends.

I'm not going to knock Tony Blair's reasons, but I believe that he deceived the British over "Weapons of Mass Destruction" that Iraq never had. The result has not become apparent, yet. So you can go ahead with your view that you will, always, be able to make your own laws.

I say that the benefits of Brexit are unproved. It's a big step that you are taking and I, sincerely, wish you the best of luck. They do say that "Fortune favours the brave". Now is one time to prove it. I do hope that there will be a massive turnout---not the 40% that we see at elections.

A lot of people have died for their country. The UK is not free from getting mixed up in wars and has had her share of politicians at the top who have sacrificed British lives to further their own ends.

I'm not going to knock Tony Blair's reasons, but I believe that he deceived the British over "Weapons of Mass Destruction" that Iraq never had. The result has not become apparent, yet. So you can go ahead with your view that you will, always, be able to make your own laws.

I say that the benefits of Brexit are unproved. It's a big step that you are taking and I, sincerely, wish you the best of luck. They do say that "Fortune favours the brave". Now is one time to prove it. I do hope that there will be a massive turnout---not the 40% that we see at elections.

I would argue that the dangers of remaining have not seen the light of day.
How can anyone in the EU be satisfied with the performance. It just beggars belief, the majority must go around with their eyes closed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ear-on-the-economic-risks-of-remaining-in-th/

Last edited:
Rob Hayward, analyst, who all but correctly predicted the Tory general election victory has been at his stats again. Although he is in the remain camp, his research is telling him that a brexit is almost certain. There may be an announcement on the way.

Politics has become a lot more interesting since the start of this current depression. :LOL:

Last edited:
Rob Hayward, analyst, who all but correctly predicted the Tory general election victory has been at his stats again. Although he is in the remain camp, his research is telling him that a brexit is almost certain. There may be an announcement on the way.

Politics has become a lot more interesting since the start of this current depression. :LOL:

Bit of wishful thinking maybe :LOL:

Bookies still strongly for remain 1/3 and plenty offering 2/7 whilst leave stays broadly at 5/2.