Brexit and the Consequences

Got a feeling there will be resignation after resignation, all day every hr on the hr.

fecking all of them would suit me ....save us a fortune....lets get a few business people in ..........christ we might even get a few decent decisions in the bag

sorry gang ...........i havnt let rip for a while ....not good for the blood pressure though and the IBS ....enough now

200 pip selloff on cable has helped ease the pain today ....

N

all of them hopefully .........lets move to a general election and save Europe and the UK millions of pounds on mindless meetings and bureaucracy for the next month or so ?

Watching it live on BBC, she says one thing but does another, the deceit continues.

I'm not sure who she is trying to convince, herself?

Inevitable that someone like TM would perform whatever gymnastics are possible to a) keep her in power and b) avoid her making a radical decision. So, inevitable we end up with a transition period that is everything the EU wants and just a promise that she will get a better final deal some time down the road.

TM has failed to sell the transition deal or her abilities to get a good permanent deal to anyone, even her friends. She will surely resign as PM within 24 hours.

Anyone seen Atilla? Might be having a tantrum right about now.:LOL:

No surprises matey. You lot carry on.

Said before. All in or all out. Showtime.

We need to settle scores with Eurosceptics.

Win election and deliver your pies.😊

Talk is cheap. Show us the walk.

Have some Orange Juice.

No surprises matey. You lot carry on.

Said before. All in or all out. Showtime.

We need to settle scores with Eurosceptics.

Win election and deliver your pies.😊

Talk is cheap. Show us the walk.

We are showing you...step by step.(y)

Last edited:
She will surely resign as PM within 24 hours.

It doesn't look like it. The deal will go to the EU on the 25/26th, then come back for a parliamentary vote, then it will be rejected. She will either wait for the rejection and then resign or will be ousted by the 1922 committee.

I doubt the 1922 will play their hand until after the parliamentary rejection, gives them more time to decide who will replace TM and make the necessary preparations.

No deal, here we come.

TM may be second-rate, but none of you lot seem to appreciate that the EU hold all the aces and that she has had barely an honour card in her hand. It was, and is, a pipe dream to think that there is a deal to be had that doesn’t require the EU’s sacrosanct principles to be met and those are the very pillars the vociferous leavers want torn down.

Unless someone wants to leap in to lead the country to a no deal exit (something most consider disastrous - albeit not many on this thread) then I think it will be difficult to find anyone of any stature willing to accept the hospital pass of trying for an “improved” deal.

It doesn't look like it. The deal will go to the EU on the 25/26th, then come back for a parliamentary vote, then it will be rejected. She will either wait for the rejection and then resign or will be ousted by the 1922 committee.

I doubt the 1922 will play their hand until after the parliamentary rejection, gives them more time to decide who will replace TM and make the necessary preparations.

No deal, here we come.

Given the out and out hostility seen today, I don't think it's in the Tories interests to prolong the inevitable, which is why I think the 1922 will act sooner rather than later. Today's performance is rehearsed robotic May which everyone is bored with all ready.

Reports of a snap poll say 65% of the public won't go with this deal.

TM may be second-rate, but none of you lot seem to appreciate that the EU hold all the aces and that she has had barely an honour card in her hand. It was, and is, a pipe dream to think that there is a deal to be had that doesn’t require the EU’s sacrosanct principles to be met and those are the very pillars the vociferous leavers want torn down.

Unless someone wants to leap in to lead the country to a no deal exit (something most consider disastrous - albeit not many on this thread) then I think it will be difficult to find anyone of any stature willing to accept the hospital pass of trying for an “improved” deal.

The difference between a Remainer PM and a Leaver PM as seen by the EU.

The EU will completely take the p1ss with a Remainer PM warning of No Deal, whereas a Leaver PM issuing the same threat would be taken far more seriously. The end of the EU is at stake here and they know it, but not with our appeaser at the helm.

It's game over for May

Mogg has submitted his letter to the 1922.

Green light now for many more to follow suit.

The difference between a Remainer PM and a Leaver PM as seen by the EU.

....... The end of the EU is at stake here and they know it, but not with our appeaser at the helm........

Far from it, cv. The whole thing so far is a good demonstration of the power of the EU drawn from the combined weight of the member states. That power has forced us into the role of supplicants and it is we who have had to bend to suit them. Remainer or leaver at the helm doesn’t alter that very much.

It may be unpalatable but, rather like our trading, it is what we see not what we think.