Breakout Trading using Time and Sales

-4 cents per share CBS...took an early entry on momo but it reversed

Hi Amit

Thanks for mentioning your trade(s) with CBS because it helps my confidence in that we are not looking at completely different things! FWIW I went long CBS at 09:52:34 and closed at 09:54:18 for just +7c.

Please keep posting you stuff cuz it really helps.

Thanks
Steve

+5 cents per share GRPN reversal...nothing on the chart beside a double bottom...this was a pure level 2 scalp

Hi Amit

Thanks for mentioning your trade(s) with CBS because it helps my confidence in that we are not looking at completely different things! FWIW I went long CBS at 09:52:34 and closed at 09:54:18 for just +7c.

Please keep posting you stuff cuz it really helps.

Thanks
Steve

Glad it helps ;)

+6 cents per share GRPN breakdown to new lows...may have been too early of an exit...

+10 cents per share COH reversal...several 1-minute candles formed a high at 78.10, so as soon as I saw sellers getting stronger, I shorted at 78.05, keeping a worst case stop above 78.10. It fell below the whole number and on the corresponding tick up on the bid side, I covered.

I`m really just taking what I can, when I can, out of the market today. On a choppy day such as today, I don`t really give my trades much wiggle room. This means I usually get several small, modest gains and I usually miss out on really big gains. Had that not been the case, I would have turned my COH reversal into a swing trade.

COH falling significantly now...that`s the price you pay when you don`t give your trades any wiggle room...but consistency is more important, so I have no regrets.

+25 cents per share SWHC breakout to new highs...got in early and rode it up on momo

should have done a larger position size rather than my usual 1000 shares as it was on good momo and a cheap stock

hah. mate. I tell you I was watching on my esignal scanner and I saw SWHC take off, I just knew you were there, sure enough you were. It's got more to give now!!!

+11 cents per share SWHC breakout to new highs...got in early once again...got out a little too early though.