Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

do you believe in stories where someone makes 100s of £s every day / week / month from the market.

yes they are called Goldman Sachs.

simple mathematics can tell u what is possible,

what percentage can you grow your account each day/week/month

look at the hedge fund indexes their returns are an illusion according to simon lack.
as they become bigger their returns converge to market returns less their huge commissions leaving investor out of money.

yes they are called Goldman Sachs.

simple mathematics can tell u what is possible,

what percentage can you grow your account each day/week/month

look at the hedge fund indexes their returns are an illusion according to simon lack.
as they become bigger their returns converge to market returns less their huge commissions leaving investor out of money.

i remember a firm boasting it had the highest return on it's fund and was ranked number 1....the only problem was all it's clients were unhappy with their returns because of the all important investment ingredient ..the charges :eek:

i remember a firm boasting it had the highest return on it's fund and was ranked number 1....the only problem was all it's clients were unhappy with their returns because of the all important investment ingredient ..the charges :eek:

the whole fund management industry relies on foolishness of their clients so they can exist. in simple terms you receive a equity risk premium for leaving safety of cash/gov bonds to move into equities, you get paid to take a risk the premium can be 0.5 to 1.5% in excess return, sadly the fund managers eat this up and more depending on how incompetent they are, so you leave safety of bonds to earn higher return but the higher return is taken by the fund management industry . this is ridiculous and explains the whole pension "crisis"

passive low cost indexing is the best with fees as low as a fraction of a percent.

of course my question was for a retail trader is it possible to make a claim of 1000s of $$$s from market regularly....

If the Provider accepts your trades than yes..............

Regular as in "averaged out over time" is why most of the Traders in this thread are still here..........??

If the Provider accepts your trades than yes..............

Regular as in "averaged out over time" is why most of the Traders in this thread are still here..........??

also the cftc has a rule which says brokers must report the percentage of their clients which are making money and which are losing money. its about 75% are losing money and these are generally more sophisticated than people who spreadbet. so with spreadbetting 75% or more are going to be flat or lose money

why would the provider not accept your trade...and there are many of them so if one doesnt accept then there are others

well people posting here could be making losses, not making trades, trading demos, working for brokers / spreadbetters and what not...being in this thread is no sign of making money as individual trader

I am 100% certain that the regular faces within this thread are making profits (however small or big) averaged out over time.......

I cannot see anyone who is consistently losing following this thread ad infinitum....

Only my opinion of course.....:D

I am 100% certain that the regular faces within this thread are making profits (however small or big) averaged out over time.......

I cannot see anyone who is consistently losing following this thread ad infinitum....

Only my opinion of course.....:D

there are many who have left this thread, there are websites like "the other place" where the chap has 100% record of making money each month. also there is somebody called **llst**et who has done very well, everyone who is following alerts at "the other place" is profitable imho.

forgetting the election for a mo the next leg up could be a three (4hr ew)...leg 1 31/10 16:00

don't forget my ew is pathetic :)

@ Samirs

Hi bud, as an avid watcher of this great thread I have two pertinent questions to ask that effect both of what I'm about to ask:

Why do you keep a count of who gets a big post win on the thousands
AND
Why do you skew these results by deleting your posts once written.

Lee

there are many who have left this thread, there are websites like "the other place" where the chap has 100% record of making money each month. also there is somebody called **llst**et who has done very well, everyone who is following alerts at "the other place" is profitable imho.

I've obviously missed something SD whilst I've been frolicking elsewhere. Who or what is the "other place" !!

PM me if you think naming it will cause problems !!

We are not back on that FTSE Day Trader again are we ??

the cftc stats means not much....statistic and damn lies....

a trader reported successful for several weeks could lose it all in one day....also a trader could have positions with many brokers so how does one know what's the true net position for individual traders...

the amount of time and effort people spend on this thing if spent elsewhere the returns in most cases could be staggering ....at least they wont lose any money

people hang around bookie shops all day examining horses and greyhounds, if you enjoy doing something carry on doing it, if u do not then do something else.

If i see a betting shop with a crowd inside, i think its great people get together have a wager maybe win mostly lose, but its enjoyable.

@ Samirs

Hi bud, as an avid watcher of this great thread I have two pertinent questions to ask that effect both of what I'm about to ask:

Why do you keep a count of who gets a big post win on the thousands
AND
Why do you skew these results by deleting your posts once written.

Lee

:LOL::clap::clap: well said lee .... samirs deletes all his post and it looks like you are talking to your self when you read it back:LOL: