Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

The DAX is a performance index which means that dividends to not get taken out of the price in the same manner as the other Indices. This means that all dividends and other cash events paid out to shareholders are included in the index price. When measuring the performance over a given time period, the performance-based index will add in any dividend amounts to the net share price before calculating the index return.
FTSE pays its divs on the close every Tuesday

Spain's 10-year bond yield is up 5.6 bps to 6.93%, French benchmark yield is down -.5 bps to 2.08%.

the fact ftse has been about 50pts above the buy pivot indicates great technical strength

I think you're right.... adx cross shortly and broken the fib resistance ... daily chart

Attachments

• day.PNG
    day.PNG
    83.6 KB · Views: 150
Global Markets Sheep Play.

Sheep are easily startled. When one panics, they all panic.
But they stampede in one direction for no particular reason.
Sometimes they even run around in circles. We can only conclude
that investors, like sheep are easily spooked. And when they panic
they follow each other without any idea where they are going.
So there it is. Investors behave like sheep. Anyone who
invests on the stock market should heed this warning because
people who behave like sheep can end up fleeced.

Is the Hang Seng correlated to the ftse in the same way as dow and ftse?

Is this where the Bustech Kick comes from at 9am?

I still don't get this 9am thing, if hang seng closes up at 9am it gives ftse a slight nudge upwards too is this right?

"Speaking of sell signals, we could be on the verge of a supposedly massive one. The S&P 500 – the world’s most important stock index – may very soon form an 'ultimate death cross'. A traditional death cross is where the market’s 50-day moving average crosses below its 200-day moving average. An ultimate death cross involves the same occurring, but on the monthly timeframe.

I am not a fan of the traditional death cross. In the research I have done, I have found that its signals tend to occur too late to be of use. (Its bullish counterpart, the golden cross, is useful, on the other hand.) I must confess I had never heard of an ultimate death cross until this week, when I came across it on this blog - The Trend: The Ultimate Death Cross - via a note by Albert Edwards, SG’s brilliant strategist.

The ultimate death cross is rare beast. One formed in Japan’s Nikkei 225 index in March 1998. That index subsequently dropped 58 per cent and is still languishing way below its price of 14 years ago. In a bearish scenario, then, perhaps the S&P could be in for yet another lost decade, as deflation and then ultimately inflation takes hold.

Still, one observation is hardly scientific. So, I have dug deeper back into history, looking for further instances of ultimate death crosses. Since 1800, there have been eight instances in the US stock market. However, none were harbingers of total collapse. The average loss following a signal was 22 per cent. The largest was 39 per cent during the depression of the 1840s. Nor were they generally followed by Japanese-style lost decades. Typically, the secular bear markets during which they occurred ended two years later.

I suppose it’s entirely possible that US stocks will suffer a bear market of 39 per cent or more in the not too distant future. After all, the S&P 500 is more than 50 per cent overvalued on some measures. However, I don’t envisage heading for the exit if this latest ultimate death cross occurs, or at least not because of it. For now, the short-term trend is upwards and that’s good enough for my purposes."

Quoted source

Last edited:
so SD what do you expect to happen at 1500...rocket up or drop down

the housing market is recovering so that should be good and is expected to be good, philly fed should be weak/flat

two things reporting hard to know how market moves. since u have 4 outcomes