Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

U.S. stock index futures pointed to a lower start for Wall Street on Thursday, with investors sentiment stuck in the dumps a day after minutes of the Federal Reserve's last policy meeting gave no hint that a fresh round of additional monetary stimulus is imminent.

Futures on the Dow Jones Industrial Average recently fell 77 points to 12459. S&P 500 futures dropped nine points to 1327, while Nasdaq 100 futures lost 14 points to 2547.2.

U.S. stocks closed lower Wednesday after minutes of the Fed's rate-setting Federal Open Market Committee, or FOMC, meeting showed only a few officials were in favor of additional asset purchases.

Disappointment continued to hang over markets Thursday, strategists said.

"Overall, the minutes showed that further QE [quantitative easing] is not yet a consensus view among FOMC members and would only likely be triggered if the economic recovery were to lose momentum," said Jim Reid, strategist at Deutsche Bank in London. "So last week's slightly [disappointing] payrolls number isn't probably enough evidence yet."

Ironically the market is more likely to gain ground in the near term if economic data deteriorate, he said, in a note, because that would be more likely to prompt more action."

U.S. stock index futures pointed to a lower start for Wall Street on Thursday, with investors sentiment stuck in the dumps a day after minutes of the Federal Reserve's last policy meeting gave no hint that a fresh round of additional monetary stimulus is imminent.

Futures on the Dow Jones Industrial Average recently fell 77 points to 12459. S&P 500 futures dropped nine points to 1327, while Nasdaq 100 futures lost 14 points to 2547.2.

U.S. stocks closed lower Wednesday after minutes of the Fed's rate-setting Federal Open Market Committee, or FOMC, meeting showed only a few officials were in favor of additional asset purchases.

Disappointment continued to hang over markets Thursday, strategists said.

"Overall, the minutes showed that further QE [quantitative easing] is not yet a consensus view among FOMC members and would only likely be triggered if the economic recovery were to lose momentum," said Jim Reid, strategist at Deutsche Bank in London. "So last week's slightly [disappointing] payrolls number isn't probably enough evidence yet."

Ironically the market is more likely to gain ground in the near term if economic data deteriorate, he said, in a note, because that would be more likely to prompt more action."

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Dow bounced on the 38.8% fib on tuesday and yesterday closed on the 38.2%

the fib 38.2 is 12607

I think was my response to said quote about 5623

Perhaps it was a touch vague. What I meant by "only on one of those days did it break daily support levels" was the other days 5623 was support the price was trading just under the pivot level... the one day it broke 5623 it hit Support 3 level and opened under S1. Very much like today, the price was under S1 at open, if 5623 was to be broken it could possibly take out S2.

That was my rationale behind why I entered where I did.

Sorry if the original post was a bit vague.

Anyway who knows, I might have taken a short there and the price rallied like a bar steward and this conversation would be going the other way :):)