Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Ha - My favourite debate, "Trend" - this is so subjective - and its a term used by traders to resonate their decisions. Its all relative to when you get in and out - what is your horizon? You will always find a trend -

Take a look at these charts - are these in an up trend or down trend??

5 sec chart - down trend BUT you need to make fast decisions to trade within the trend.

So you see counter, I see "enter on a test of a recent high/low" - this enables the opportunity for a tiny stop, and the added bonus of finding out within a minute if you are wrong lol 😉

Not for everybody, each to their own as always.

You are absolutely right, trend is so subjective, I should be very careful when using this term. I am looking at 5min and 15min, so I see that from the market open, it is up (of course, there is a messy time for the first 30mins), and hence I am "seeing" trading the counter trend

I just underestimated what was left in terms of buying. Nothing lost - tomorrow the same situation occurs and each trade will go +20.

I can see some structure in 1m (and lower) vs the timestamps you posted and how this could work to a high degree. My issue was in not being nimble enough to scratch on days when I'd misjudged how much was still to come in. Combined with having one too many goes at the same spot never as sure as I needed to be whether conditions were wrong or my timing slightly off. For me personally a very hard style.

Off my head (so dont quote me lol) 5 days out of 20 (months trading) will be like this. Limit losses (or even make a few) on these days - and you have the other 15 to clear up!
I see a long in the YM before it breaks the opening range high which looks much safer than countering...the high of day after the Fed comment a much easier sell than your short term ones. Down to personal skill really, I can see some structure but not consistent enough executing it, have to force myself to not act on most of the information I see and keep it to the very high probability only, or fingers burned.

Kudos for adding some pips from those setups, no doubt you'll get rewarded the times when the supply does come in.

Nice to see the Dow adding 100 points overnight again, for no particular reason.