Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

What do you want to gain (in terms of information) from them?

I guess I wanted to gain an earlier insight to price reactions at the pre-marked areas of interest. I feel if i work off the 1 min chart I get in too late so end up having a wider stop and being in the market for longer

I guess I wanted to gain an earlier insight to price reactions at the pre-marked areas of interest. I feel if i work off the 1 min chart I get in too late so end up having a wider stop and being in the market for longer
From personal experience the tick chart makes me enter too soon. I can see whats likely to happen before the market tips into the other direction. In practice this means I can see sellers coming in but there are still lots of buyers to be exhausted so the price keeps going up, hence I'm 30 points offside on my opening position before I start. So its swings and roundabouts. Although you have the benefit of a higher probability the trend is in your direction.

our 27200...and bounce

From personal experience the tick chart makes me enter too soon. I can see whats likely to happen before the market tips into the other direction. In practice this means I can see sellers coming in but there are still lots of buyers to be exhausted so the price keeps going up, hence I'm 30 points offside on my opening position before I start. So its swings and roundabouts. Although you have the benefit of a higher probability the trend is in your direction.

That's a good way of putting it and exactly what happens to me. I think I need to reassess my trading style again as I've making the same mistakes again, chasing too many pips in one day. I only have a really small target to make what I'd like to make each month but I'll make that in a day or two by trading some good positions and then lose it by over trading on riskier ones

Good point regarding timing - tick can give you a tipping point, but we always have to remember (most) of the time the markets are designed by nature to test any area, which can create self doubt on the trade position.