Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

two longs, while the ftse was tanking to minus 55

lol, ftse been fluctuating nicely twixt strong and weak vs dow 'cept for today where overall weak (bout -30 cumulative) with only a couple of strong pops. Not enough extreme for any trade, though. Might set up nicely for tomorrow if we have a weak opening too.

lol, ftse been fluctuating nicely twixt strong and weak vs dow 'cept for today where overall weak (bout -30 cumulative) with only a couple of strong pops. Not enough extreme for any trade, though. Might set up nicely for tomorrow if we have a weak opening too.

when FTSE was down i called it lower to minus 55, inline with SP500, it fell to minus 59

scalping is good, u need fast reflexes and a quick platform, would work better on direct futures rather than spread betting.

i should have stuck to selling the sell pivot 5470, could have got 25pts. i will stick to my knitting tomorrow

Mervyn King speaks tonight at 9.00 p.m.....hint of further easing / central bank actions

only one trade this morning that's been it for me...i thought it looked a bit of a nightmare on elm street to trade today so i didn't bother...still don't know if it's a C or a 3 maybe it'll show it's cards at day end (US)....wouldn't be surprised if we get a big move tomor

what pivots you use - standard, camarilla, fib or what?

i created the pivots in spreadsheet , i do not want to use standard ones that everyone uses, they are very reliable imho,

The actual pivots I create are about 70pts wide, so I average them to make them 10pts wide.The pivots are like bollinger bands, imagine if u took daily bollinger band levels and found the mid point and went long above and shorted below.

the further above the pivots the ftse is implies bullishness. Although i have not used standard h/l/c pivots so I cannot say if they are better than those, or even camarilla or woodies pivots.

For best effect I would put pivots on SP500 and then work across to ftse100, since SP500 trumps FTSE100

only one trade this morning that's been it for me...i thought it looked a bit of a nightmare on elm street to trade today so i didn't bother...still don't know if it's a C or a 3 maybe it'll show it's cards at day end (US)....wouldn't be surprised if we get a big move tomor

Hi DL

I also think a big move on the cards...perhaps up north....before a wash out...

right now the battle continues

Andy Borowitz ‏@BorowitzReport

It's a shame that they've thrown Ponzi schemer Allen Stanford in jail. He was the only man capable of solving the Euro crisis.

Andy Borowitz ‏@BorowitzReport

It's a shame that they've thrown Ponzi schemer Allen Stanford in jail. He was the only man capable of solving the Euro crisis.

When you consider the "quantative easing" being done everywhere, not only in Europe, but in UK, US and probably everywhere, Allen Stafford and the other in America, Madoff, simply can't compare with politicians worldwide. They got caught. You have to be legal!