Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Dow has been going down in pretty much a straight line since early Friday.
If it doesnt turn around soon I'm going to have to think about shorts!

Awwww they took it down to 21187 just to take out my stop then it skyrockets. Thats why i dont like stops.

Nice one lex.

Barstaaards! Happens to us all :devilish:

Even I had a stop on that trade! :LOL:
Necessary evil most of the time. I'm a fan of the re-entry after getting stopped, though!

ps -Had an order in to buy the dax that ended up being one tick below the morning low so wan't filled and then watched it scream up without me on board! :(
I put the order in on Friday! I reckon they stiffed me :)!

ps -Had an order in to buy the dax that ended up being one tick below the morning low so wan't filled and then watched it scream up without me on board! :(
I put the order in on Friday! I reckon they stiffed me :)!

Its a thing.

Its going to be messy today, large moves in random directions.
But the buying on the dow is still insane. Even though its down 40 now it could still end higher.

From 8:35 this morning. Not a bad forecast.
Dow closed down 36. (y)

Investors are showing some caution after the results of the UK election and expectations of the Fed meeting scheduled for this week.

Barstaaards! Happens to us all :devilish:

Even I had a stop on that trade! :LOL:
Necessary evil most of the time. I'm a fan of the re-entry after getting stopped, though!

Placing stops on a good trade when there's no evidence of a trend reversal is throwing money down the drain. If the purpose of the stop is to prevent capital depletion (v realizing your head was in the clouds so you stuffed the entry) then hedge rather than stop. master it and you could see your success ratio go to 95% or more i.e. your only losing trades are when there is an unexpected, permanent trend reversal

Placing stops on a good trade when there's no evidence of a trend reversal is throwing money down the drain. If the purpose of the stop is to prevent capital depletion (v realizing your head was in the clouds so you stuffed the entry) then hedge rather than stop. master it and you could see your success ratio go to 95% or more i.e. your only losing trades are when there is an unexpected, permanent trend reversal

I am interested in hedging to improve my trading.....Can you give an example of hedging vs stops to increase my education in this arena. I mainly trade indices ftse and ASX, WTI and a couple of currencies. My own limited efforts at "hedging" have mainly involved (sometimes) correlated markets to Ftse 100 - cable and WTI.

If you don't want to thats fine and understandable.

Cheers, Swiss

Last edited:
Just another day at the office.
I sold just before the open.

Attachments

• BastardsAtWork.png
    BastardsAtWork.png
    81.5 KB · Views: 65