Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Could be bullish or bearish. Here's the theory:

"....usually the market is full of bullish energy. The market has opened on or near its highs, then sells off sharply and then rallies to close near highs.

If the market opens lower the next day, those who bought on the open or close of the hanging man are now left "hanging" with a losing position. Thus, if there's a down gap open the next day the market is vulnerable to a fast break down with the added fuel of the losers closing their positions.

On the other hand if the market opens same or up and progresses that way then it's a sign of continued strength."

As is often the case, a long winded way of saying that it'll either go down or go up :)

thanks for that Barjon I am going to spot other "hanging mans" on ftse, wonder when the last one was.

thanks for that Barjon I am going to spot other "hanging mans" on ftse, wonder when the last one was.

to be seen at potential tops don't forget

a couple here on the monthly (yellows) but shooting stars and hammers (whites) a better bet.

Attachments

• FTSE 100 .png
    FTSE 100 .png
    10 KB · Views: 115
to be seen at potential tops don't forget

a couple here on the monthly (yellows) but shooting stars and hammers (whites) a better bet.

that is worthy of some research, some back testing. just analysed the ftse close, and it appears very bullish for Monday. very bullish should lead to a modest but solid up close.

that is worthy of some research, some back testing. just analysed the ftse close, and it appears very bullish for Monday. very bullish should lead to a modest but solid up close.

Well I like hammers at swing bottoms (shooting stars at swing tops) enough to double up my position when I see something like the thumbnail on my main equity stuff.

Attachments

• ideal.JPG
    ideal.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 137
Well I like hammers at swing bottoms (shooting stars at swing tops) enough to double up my position when I see something like the thumbnail on my main equity stuff.

that looks quite involved, seems like eliot wave type stuff.