Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

It's the EUR weakness wot fekkt ya. Juss sayin!

OK so lets get this straight.
The dax is going UP because the Euro is weak against the dollar.

Therefore the dollar is strong against the Euro so the Dow is going down. Err hang on a minute there's the flaw in your cunning plan!

OK so lets get this straight.
The dax is going UP because the Euro is weak against the dollar.

Therefore the dollar is strong against the Euro so the Dow is going down. Err hang on a minute there's the flaw in your cunning plan!

No, the EUR is weak against everythin.
Pound is strong against everythin.
And to top it off...everythin is mixed against JPY.

Juss sayin :LOL:

Juss sayin :LOL:

Its just you and me at the top of the s&p tree by a country mile.
The problem I see is if the s&p makes the 50 point gain (which isnt far off now) I think it will fall off afterwards handing victory to other lesser traders. :whistling

After posting a two, three videos about how to trade the FTSE (or DAX) market opening it looked like I am advertising this stuff. But thats not so - its more about showing another, additional way of a proper break-strategy. So if you are interested, look out for the SwissBox strategy. Its worth a try

http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/06/usdollarcorrelation.asp

If we compare the US Dollar Index (USDX), an index that tracks the value of the U.S. dollar against six other major currencies, and the value of the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA), Nasdaq and S&P 500 over a 20-year period, the correlation coefficient calculated for the USDX versus the DJIA, Nasdaq and S&P 500, is 0.35, 0.39 and 0.38, respectively. Note that all of the coefficients are positive, which means that as the value of the U.S. dollar increases, so do the stock indexes, but only by a certain amount.

Where do you guys get your information from?

Well the s&p closed high so its just a simple 10 handle push tomorrow and thats the 50 points. I'm not happy with my dax position being 55 points underwater but I'll sleep tonight.

At s&p 2372 cash.

Short the f*ck out of it.

http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/06/usdollarcorrelation.asp

If we compare the US Dollar Index (USDX), an index that tracks the value of the U.S. dollar against six other major currencies, and the value of the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA), Nasdaq and S&P 500 over a 20-year period, the correlation coefficient calculated for the USDX versus the DJIA, Nasdaq and S&P 500, is 0.35, 0.39 and 0.38, respectively. Note that all of the coefficients are positive, which means that as the value of the U.S. dollar increases, so do the stock indexes, but only by a certain amount.

Where do you guys get your information from?

Me and my coder buddy have our own bespoke platform. :smart:

Takes in feeds from dozens of crosses, indices and commods. Number crunches them all.
Everything normalised on % scale for every currency, currency cross, indices etc etc. This gives us the ability to pre-define groupings of relevant instruments and trade accordingly.

Last edited:
https://www.dailyfx.com/forex/funda...gatively_Correlated_to_European_Equities.html

EUROPEAN SESSION UPDATE: An explanation is needed to show why the correlation between the DAX equity index and EUR/USD has fallen from slightly positive to -0.81

The incongruence between the direction of European equities and the Euro seems to be a phenomenon gaining momentum over the past few weeks. While the correlation between EUR/USD and the German DAX equity index was 0.16 for the past year, that correlation has dramatically fallen to -.73 for the past month and -.81 for the past week.

So hang on, this realtionship between currency and index CHANGES !?*

So what is it today, or what will it be tomorrow, in other words, what use is it if it even exists.

I'm stepping down now.

Attachments

• horse.jpg
    horse.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 64
https://www.dailyfx.com/forex/funda...gatively_Correlated_to_European_Equities.html

EUROPEAN SESSION UPDATE: An explanation is needed to show why the correlation between the DAX equity index and EUR/USD has fallen from slightly positive to -0.81

The incongruence between the direction of European equities and the Euro seems to be a phenomenon gaining momentum over the past few weeks. While the correlation between EUR/USD and the German DAX equity index was 0.16 for the past year, that correlation has dramatically fallen to -.73 for the past month and -.81 for the past week.

So hang on, this realtionship between currency and index CHANGES !?*

So what is it today, or what will it be tomorrow, in other words, what use is it if it even exists.

That's right, relationships hold most of the time, but not always. Just so happens we are in one of those adjustment periods. That's why traders need the correct tools.

Single instrument monkeys and pattern traders are basically doomed...they don't have the first idea what's going on. They might as well buy a lottery ticket !

I've set a hard limit on the dax positions at 12265, if it gets there then I've really misunderstood this move.

Going out now, cant sit and watch any more.

I think they are just going to push it up there to p1ss me off before dropping, who knows.