Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Anyone know if these non movements for the last couple of sessions are normal? Never seen anything like this.
Nervousness?

yesterday quite weird on the ftse....hardly moved.

Think everyone now waiting.... FOMC Wed... but should get some movement today as positioning takes place.

yesterday quite weird on the ftse....hardly moved.

Think everyone now waiting.... FOMC Wed... but should get some movement today as positioning takes place.

Never seen it sit at one spot for over 4 hours yesterday. Don't think FOMC has anything to do it. The aussies also had some sort of outage.

Big news day tomorrow. Lots of talking heads saying this is when the FED raises interest rates. Thats not going to happen, but you cant take the risk.
200 point move up in just over 3 days.
Back to 6800.

Hmmm, that's the wrong way!
Somethings gotten into that ftse lately.

absolutely postie..... ftse behaving most peculiar last couple of days. Not taking the medicine.

I'm S FTSE 6843.

Not sure when ftse will tank but I need to get my popcorn ready.

Slightly off topic but does anyone hedge their trade by pair trading another indices, currency, commodity etc ie go long and short?(I understand some people use options)

Just interested as part of my learning process....

Slightly off topic but does anyone hedge their trade by pair trading another indices, currency, commodity etc ie go long and short?(I understand some people use options)

Just interested as part of my learning process....

I used to, but then I found that both trades went in the opposite direction. I dont do it anymore.
The problem is, the losing trade is because that market is behaving irrationally, so when you hedge and the other instrument behaves 'normally' that goes wrong too.

I used to, but then I found that both trades went in the opposite direction. I dont do it anymore.
The problem is, the losing trade is because that market is behaving irrationally, so when you hedge and the other instrument behaves 'normally' that goes wrong too.

Thanks.... yes its pretty treacherous. Just a thought... I was looking at oil and cable in relation to ftse .

Short ftse 6848.
Some might say thats doubling down, I prefer to call it 'scaling in'. :whistling

Hang on I need to consult my broker about this.

Attachments

• voodoo.jpg
    voodoo.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 59