Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

The range is set by buyers and sellers at levels they come in at respectively in range bound markets, its fairly obvious and as more traders get sucked in at those levels the big boys will put orders in the take out the stops but sudden spikes down/up.

The best way I find to counter this is to place a limit order at an area I think stops will be lurking to catch the spike and rebound.

Just my way of doing things... may not suit everyone.

Very interesting. Thanks.(y)

I have closed out for 25.

Ay, Swissy! I, really, must get in gear with you. Congrats for calling that right. That was a case of you getting the range mode right and I not having the sense to wait longer for a better price.

Having said that. I have taken profits but am, still, in short mode to-day.

Split you should be cleaning up:clap:.

Range broken down - oil dragged down ftse I think.

Still think we might get to 6860 level this arvo (possibly beyond). Lets see.

Unbelievable by IG. Manipulated the market by about 60+ points. on that spike down to 10382. Look at Cash, got nowhere near that. Not that i've been affected, but that's ridiculous!

Unbelievable by IG. Manipulated the market by about 60+ points. on that spike down to 10382. Look at Cash, got nowhere near that. Not that i've been affected, but that's ridiculous!

I wasn't affected either, but I do wonder...shouldn't this be a crime?

That was a quick -12pips on DAX. I had 10487 long and also had a level @ 10385 but no order there.....

Even the dubious prices at intertrader only went to 89.8 :whistling

384.25 on the futures - anyone have a link to Dax fair value for today?

Just had a closer look and the range on the dax for 1 minute was 102.2 points.
Nothing to see here, move along.

Attachments

• 102.2.png
    102.2.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 125
Split you should be cleaning up:clap:.

Range broken down - oil dragged down ftse I think.

Still think we might get to 6860 level this arvo (possibly beyond). Lets see.

Yes, it has been a good morning but I am, now, watching the support running through the lows of around the 10th.

I guess that that is what you are doing, too. I don't want to get greedy but that 60 level that you are talking about is tempting and I have learned to listen to what you say!:)

Last Friday, the US stock market ended lower, with investors showing some concern regarding the Fed decision at the next meeting. Still, the Nasdaq managed to end the eighth consecutive week of gains since April 2010. The session was marked by the traditional weak liquidity and the absence of significant catalysts or business nature, as well as macroeconomic, so there has been another day without any sign to help investors to infer about the actions of the Central Bank. The minutes of the last meeting of the Fed revealed on Wednesday, did not help much in this regard. Moreover, in recent days, investors have also weighed their decisions based on the words of some members of this body as well as the crude oil price behavior. On Thursday, the President of the Federal Reserve of San Francisco, John Williams, joined the group of members that supports a rise in interest rates in the coming months, stating that if the Fed wait too long, such an attitude can entail costs for the economy. In this context, attention is turning to the statements of Janet Yellen in Jackson Hole Conference scheduled for August 26, Friday, the day will be published important data for the country’s economy, such as GDP and the confidence index of consumers.

Interactive Brokers got down to 10388.5 and IG got down to 10388.2, so I'd say it looks like a pretty valid [momentary] spike to me...

:devilish:
:cheesy:
:D
:clap::)

Done, now I can go take some Unisom and go to sleep. All that work during the weekend had to pay somehow.

Looks like FTSE wants to go up. Blimey as I was typing......

Currently L From 6816, tight stop