Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I shorted an hour ago at 63. I sweated a bit, I must say. but am at breakeven, after all that rise and points lost!

Am experimenting (again). This time , it's a larger TF and stops further away.

Once again Dow spends 9 hours falling slowly overnight and then at 3am New York time shoots up 60 points. :clap: Its a guaranteed money maker.

I think your right Swissy, FTSE doesnt know what to do, more ranging today.

I was early, but I'm still shorting. My daily falling trendline got tested, this morning, but we have gone below it, again.

Sure - Mk1 eyeball, looking at top and bottom of range. I think the range has been set around top end 6880ish, bottom 6840ish.

Ok, thanks. My browser is displaying time -1h so it looked like you called top before it happened - lol:LOL:

I have closed out for 25.

Ay, Swissy! I, really, must get in gear with you. Congrats for calling that right. That was a case of you getting the range mode right and I not having the sense to wait longer for a better price.

Having said that. I have taken profits but am, still, in short mode to-day.

Thanks for the tip. but how did you come to that?:confused:

The range is set by buyers and sellers at levels they come in at respectively in range bound markets, its fairly obvious and as more traders get sucked in at those levels the big boys will put orders in the take out the stops but sudden spikes down/up.

The best way I find to counter this is to place a limit order at an area I think stops will be lurking to catch the spike and rebound.

Just my way of doing things... may not suit everyone.

I have closed out for 25.

Ay, Swissy! I, really, must get in gear with you. Congrats for calling that right. That was a case of you getting the range mode right and I not having the sense to wait longer for a better price.

Having said that. I have taken profits but am, still, in short mode to-day.

Hey well done! The great thing about range bound markets is the even with a bias you can make pips!!