Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I'm only new here but the way the FTSE is going at the minute it seems everything I have read so far is wrong? It just goes up, and up, and up...

I'm only new here but the way the FTSE is going at the minute it seems everything I have read so far is wrong? It just goes up, and up, and up...

welcome! to this thread!

hope you contribute (god knows we need a few more contributors here)

what do you trade?

Hard to argue against that target, it had lagged lately.

Seems to go up faster than down too. Take the pips offered and go to bed flat.

Pretty obvious, but important point there. Does go to show how net short this market is. I wouldn't be surprised if we see 11k next week, but as i say, 10800s is when i start looking for proper reversal signs.

A part of "my edge", I don't expect anything, I just trade what I see up or down I don't give 2 hoots whether it at all time highs or lows, etc, by taking that element away, its less to take into account when making a decision to enter a trade. All of course IMHO. :)

For a lot of people (myself included), it takes years to master this. A lot of pain has to be had before you can begin trading like a robot lol

welcome! to this thread!

hope you contribute (god knows we need a few more contributors here)

what do you trade?

Oh I'm on a pretty scattergun approach at the minute, DAX, FTSE, some binaries, and CFDs on a few stocks.

I haven't a clue how to predict anything - which to be fair puts me in the same league as the majority of people who do this!! So instead I've been working a little around market events, company reporting times etc and scalping here and there.

I've been reading and watching a lot of analysis and to be honest it mostly boils down to 'If it hits this it may go up and if it drops to this it may go down'. Perhaps I may not see the nuances of it all but I'm approaching with a healthy degree of scepticism...

bulls, cool your jets and let this settle a bit...ok? allow cooler heads to prevail and all that..

Pretty obvious, but important point there. Does go to show how net short this market is. I wouldn't be surprised if we see 11k next week, but as i say, 10800s is when i start looking for proper reversal signs.

Obvious yes but certainly unusual as you know too.

I would say it's all possible in the next couple of weeks and tests for bulls in September.

ok, we had a nice long "wash cycle", lets rinse here

sorry for all the metaphors today

i'll take 560 now, dont want seem greedy

they are sucking in shorts here...imo for the slaughter

( i think i figured out wtf there up too)

i'll bide my time but short higher (and have an idea just where!)

longer we sit here greater chance for a stealth slide lower...if bulls let this slide just one inch too far...

there in trouble; this is a precipice :|

one inch too low...that's all we need for da bulls to start heading for the exit..like rats jumping a sinking ship ..one inch

you notice they are keeping up the facade..but doesn't fool me.

Been short for hours now, and i'm still in a pretty manageable position.

da bulls are running out of petrol, imo

there next slip up i'll be there to short more

i drew a fib from YM 8/2 thru top here...and about 18420 = 38.2%

doable:cool:

ES 38% = 2168 (which just happens "coincidentally" be a traget i identified AND REACHED on a prior trade)

4 1/2 half hours strait up, how about an hour down? is this too much to ask???

an hour down here would take my shorts green, and then some