Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Hi, I've been lurking here for a few years on and off .. Thought I should finally get around to introducing myself. I've been trading indices (FTSE, DAX, DOW) for 10 yrs+ on and off with mixed success and several blow outs to be honest ! I'm reasonably good at TA and enter/ exit my issue has always ended up being related to discipline .. Money and risk management ! Love Trading so I'm determined to get it right this time .. Thanks in anticipation for taking the time to read

Welcome aboard, Good honest post for starters - I think most have been in the same boat on trading (well I have anyway). Constantly improving and not giving up is the key. There is no easy money.

Welcome aboard, Good honest post for starters - I think most have been in the same boat on trading (well I have anyway). Constantly improving and not giving up is the key. There is no easy money.
Thanks swissy, much appreciated ..

Begins today officially the earnings season in the US, with the publication of quarterly Alcoa’s accounts, but only after the closing of the session. The forecasts point to a result per share of 0.09 USD, below the 0.19 USD recorded in the 2nd quarter of 2015. Although there is no statistical correlation between the quarterly accounts of Alcoa and the general trend of Earnings Season, the results of this company always have a impact on investor psychology.

Pip, problem is there are people here that actually spend hours ahead of time trying to figure out the trend. Last thing anyone wants is to work to gain back money they lost. So when you say I'm buy or selling here.....your consistency will show.
In my opinion the US and German markets plus JPY currencies are probably the most dangerous markets to trade since they don't really adhere to upper and lower confidence limits.....that means they will undoubtedly do things that will set the trend in a global sense. I'm fairly impressed that you haven't wiped out yet though

you spend 3 hrs ahead of time trying to figure out the trend..seriously? most of the time the market's in a range, there is no trend i spend about 20mins looking over the dailys in various instruments:confused:

what do you mean by "they don't adhere to confidence limits"??

i'm not covering my short here because as i see this as a grind (with little conviction) to the top of the range...

my characterization is it's sloppy PA

of course will will test the top of the range

thats what ranges are all about:|