Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

On one hand, rising wages increases consumption and reflexively boosts GDP. On the other hand, the increase in wages generates inflation (increasing production costs and intensifying the demand for goods and services), helping the Fed to achieve the desired 2%. Thus, the two main employment report variables will be job creation and change in wages. Most likely, it is sufficient that only one of the two variables increase to reinforce the likelihood of an increase in US interest rates. Even if there a significant reduction in employment but accompanied by a rise in wages, the Fed may consider that the conditions for a rate hike are met. This position is explained by the fact that the lack of job creation is due not to a decline in economic activity but the lack of people available for hire without a prior increase in wages. In other words, such a scenario could mean that companies would be forced to pay higher wages to hire new employees, thus triggering the positive effect desired by the Central Bank. The employment report also deserves a note of warning. The reaction to its publication may be volatile to the extent that their numbers may be adulterated due to the strike by 36,000 employees of Verizon. Many of these workers (who are paid weekly) may not have received their salary and as such may be statistically treated as unemployed.

Thats a crappy number on the jobs. Remember Dow never finishes down on bad news.

Employers record fewest number of jobs created and yet the government record lowest unemployment rate for 8 years :whistling

haha well I bought a pile but didn't check my fills. got most of it a 68 instead of 52.
tarded my way in, lets see if I can trade my out. :D

Last edited: