Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

The best trading strategy for the 'New normal'
Open a position (any position) hold it until its in profit. Wash rinse repeat.

That was s&p testing 1900.
I guess we go up from here but how far or for how long is anyones guess.

I think I've been :eek:nline2lo because it looks to me like Ftse opened up over 100 points, fell 90 points, went up 90 points and then went down 80 points and its not even 1.30 yet.

:eek: :-0

Time for the pub! :cheers:

Just before I quit for the day.
US
Unemployment UP
Wage costs UP
Productivity Down.

Theyre producing less for more, and more people are unemployed. Sounds like they sacked the wrong people.

thats what makes a market but to be fair I dont like seeing loses due to stops being hit

Even better - Actually I thought you were long! I was short (just closed @5855 from 5900) - when I got back from my lunchtime run.(y)

DOWs an interesting fish today
my thoughts are 16192 then 16322 and final 16002

The Governor of New-York Fed, said that conditions in financial markets and the global economy serve as compelling evidence to the US economy, with the same effects of a rise in interest rates. Investors interpreted the words of William Dudley as a lower propensity of the Central Bank to raise interest rates at its next meeting in March.

Theres 17 minutes left, plenty of time for the ftse to fall another 80 points and close down on the day.

If anybody has ANY idea what went on today, answers on a postcard please ...

I got my @rse handed to me today, on a plate, with a biscuit!

I blame that sensible money management Postman.

You said it yourself I thought. Hit buy or sell, doesn't matter which one.
Enter your target price, no stop as they only spoil the fun.
Go down to the pub and come home when you get the trade email that the position is closed. If you are really lucky it can take a while and you get a few drinks in and after sometime you wont mind the lack of email. As you know yourself you definitely get sorted in the after market shennanigans whilst you sleep anyway.

Good luck and more fun and games tomorrow.

so the DOW needs to lose 481 points tomorrow just to square things away

At 16,400 ish close today. With a high today of 16,482

How much upside are you prepared to give it tomorrow? I'm thinking of a stop level.

The problem I have with Dow. I can see certain formations over the last 12 sessions that lead me to think it will go higher, I'm less concerned about the timing of that upside break.

But I also feel sure that we need some downside re-testing of trend support first.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
At 16,400 ish close today. With a high today of 16,482

How much upside are you prepared to give it tomorrow? I'm thinking of a stop level.

The problem I have with Dow. I can see certain formations over the last 12 sessions that lead me to think it will go higher, I'm less concerned about the timing of that upside break.

But I also feel sure that we need some downside re-testing of trend support first.

Any ideas?

I dont want to give it any upside but if I was looking for a stop level 16541 would be my choice just above mondays high
If I was to suggest a position it would be sit on hands tomorrow wait for it to show its hand then hit it
Im looking for a drop of 500 before a 4 digit rally