Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Little away from the type of way I trade. But I've just Shorted the Dax. Target around 10383. After that it's buy to the heavens

Dax might take a zig zag route but I think it gets there.

Dow advertising its going below 17,450 today which means a big drop.

I personally think these cronies are bidding up the price in prep for 13:30 then a massive dump...lol much like they did with Draghi last week :LOL:

well......I no-nailed every level myself, done away with the hammer n' all, when I see a level I just use the silicone-gun now

bosh bosh bosh, those prices stick like sh1t

Screens a mess though !!

strange ftse/dow correlation today.i would have been careful about shorting the dax as the dow was motoring
2 dangerous to short the ftse today as the dow was very strong-if there had been a break it would have been worth a punt-the dow must close +100 tonight(unless news)up 65 gang-hop and and ride into the close....................

Last edited:
strange ftse/dow correlation today.i would have been careful about shorting the dax as the dow was motoring

It didnt seem like it was motoring. I thought it looked quite sluggish (in comparison to previous days) I think its running out of steam.

In hindsite I should have waited for the inevitable stop run before shorting. Still I've only been doing this for 15 years, I'm still a novice.;)
Next year I'll be a miwyonaire. :clap: (Unless the tax man catches me :devilish:).

It didnt seem like it was motoring. I thought it looked quite sluggish (in comparison to previous days) I think its running out of steam.

In hindsite I should have waited for the inevitable stop run before shorting. Still I've only been doing this for 15 years, I'm still a novice.;)
Next year I'll be a miwyonaire. :clap: (Unless the tax man catches me :devilish:).
im off out but will check the dow on returning-yes the market is full of surprises thats why i feel that trading into the close(last hr) on the ftse or dow is the way forward-cuts down on the chaos.
did you miss the bubble then-i traded through it lol

The dot-com bubble (also referred to as the dot-com boom, the Internet bubble, the dot-com collapse, and the information technology bubble)[1] was a historic speculative bubble covering roughly 1997–2000 (with a climax on March 10, 2000, with the NASDAQ peaking at 5,132.52[2] in intraday trading before closing at 5,048.62) during which stock markets in industrialized nations saw their equity value rise rapidly from growth in the Internet sector and related fields. While the latter part was a boom and bust cycle, the Internet boom is sometimes meant to refer to the steady commercial growth of the Internet with the advent of the World Wide Web, as exemplified by the first release of the Mosaic web browser in 1993, and continuing through the 1990s.

Hindsight will not show the jagged, choppy nature of this afternoons session.

If witnessing it as it unfolded it was obvious that it was a bar'stuard to navigate, I did not take one single trade this afternoon, every time I tried I could see it was a chop out.

When there was the odd 10 or 20 point move at a time, a chop had already taken place.

Very hard to have conviction with no real flow, I found the same yesterday afternoon.

Did anybody make it work this afternoon ?

Well I cant believe the dow boys are going to let those hanging longs off the hook from earlier today.