Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

nice bounce on the Q low but we need that march low back at 730... looks a tall order at the mo:(

ha, will it be buy in May when they all go away?

critical area for me 560/70 (Q low)

I think you are right Dick.. this year is "buy lots in May" methinks and I also think DC's target is correct... my thoughts are it get's their end of summer / early autumn... just in time for comrade Obama's election

bugger !!! got out too early... I wonder how many people kept selling this morning only to see the market slkowly pushing up... ouch !!!

guess you all will be looking to load up soon I know we are at KB, looking for a nice return circa 6574:cool:

DC.. do you see any more downside on FTSE.... I would have thought a bit more.. but you are better at this kind of thing than me. I was expecting 5600 - 5550 on ftse for the low:sneaky:

Stay short SPX until it can hit 1386.2.
wonder how short people are the DOW/sp500 would guess very short,

Hi all... am long DAX at 6517 cash.. but cautious.. I expected 6501.. DAX has a habit of turning and then popping down to hit the price it really wanted... IG Index open interest is showing 58% now long DAX and FTSE...

Hi all... am long DAX at 6517 cash.. but cautious.. I expected 6501.. DAX has a habit of turning and then popping down to hit the price it really wanted... IG Index open interest is showing 58% now long DAX and FTSE...

Thanks DaddyJohn

Dax seem bearish unless it can go above 6700

Dax/dow ratio 1.979

Dow currently 12940 = 6538 dax

exactlly like that :rolleyes:

FTSE holding pretty strong amongst the turmoil. It's down about 11 from Friday's close with DOW down about 100 from then. So FTSE around 40 higher than where it would have been if it had shadowed DOW.

FTSE holding pretty strong amongst the turmoil. It's down about 11 from Friday's close with DOW down about 100 from then. So FTSE around 40 higher than where it would have been if it had shadowed DOW.

agreed .. ftse is looking stronger than a lot of other indexes

so are we leading or lagging?

:LOL: well we've lagged - FTSE getting on for -300 weak against DOW since beginning of March so it's got some catching up to do.

I've been long FTSE short DOW since soon after the open which is currently net plus, but we won't know if FTSE is leading a charge until US rubs the sleep from its eyes. The clue will be if FTSE accelerates faster than DOW on any DOW up move - a reluctance fall if DOW drops won't cut it.