Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Be interesting to see how this pans out, daily still within an upward channel, but now the daily MACD has signalled short, first time since Oct 22nd. Toss a coin time :whistling

Watching and waiting - down now a few points for the day - bad trade on the Dax got me.

Keen to see if I catch a break on the upside on the Dax or Dow.

Watching and waiting - down now a few points for the day - bad trade on the Dax got me.

Keen to see if I catch a break on the upside on the Dax or Dow.

Sympathies.
Very difficult to short Dax ALL DAY given its reputation.

I am using a 5min TF - anything shorter requires too much screen time and I am at work.

I thought Dow had reversed and was in an upward channel but looks more like a trading range - and I bought close to the top :(

Stop further than I would like it to be but don't want to be stopped out too soon.

On the other hand it may be developing a down channel on the 5min chart (hope not)

I am using a 5min TF - anything shorter requires too much screen time and I am at work.

I thought Dow had reversed and was in an upward channel but looks more like a trading range - and I bought close to the top :(

Stop further than I would like it to be but don't want to be stopped out too soon.

On the other hand it may be developing a down channel on the 5min chart (hope not)

Closed for a small loss

Its the Dow - its going up - just wait 5 minutes you'll be in profit no matter what price you bought. :LOL:

729 is a 100 point retrace on the Dow.
How much further are you going to push it?

I have no real "feel" yet for what is a "big" move - and what is a "big" retrace.
I am sure this will come with screen time .

So Dow could say move down 200 today but run out of steam when it retraces 100 today?
But tomorrow could start a fresh and move up a further 200?

also - looks like I bailed too early:(

I have no real "feel" yet for what is a "big" move - and what is a "big" retrace.
I am sure this will come with screen time .

So Dow could say move down 200 today but run out of steam when it retraces 100 today?
But tomorrow could start a fresh and move up a further 200?

also - looks like I bailed too early:(

I'm with you nitrader. Still learning, (after our time following you know who), still learning also. Just about flat today now with this recent rise. So bailing out today and happy I have broken even