Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Question.

Being a dedicated such as myself, I drag myself out of bed at 11.15am to find the market down 176 points already (DAX). Do you sit and and wait for an entry? Or do you slap yourself in the face for being so lazy and decide you've missed the action today? (then crack open a beer)

I've just cashed a grand profit out of IG over the last couple months and I'm not giving it all back to them so I quit for a while.

So you're saying I'm buying at too high prices basically.
Youre buying too high and selling too low, both entering and exiting.
Seems like you have a good handle on overall direction but dont walk away with much.
Youd do better aiming at extensions (metrader does this amazingly well!!) for entering / taking profit or loss, that are in your favor. Pretty much the opposite of what youre doing now.
Accept that dont know, be a gunslinger, throw yourself under the short term train (as 90% would see it) because the size of the train is one of the few things you can control (your size).
When youve got your sh!t together, come out here on these boards and test your ideas. The less well they are received the better. If everyone likes em, beware.

In my humble opinion.

Attachments

• Short term.png
    Short term.png
    5 KB · Views: 81
  • blahhh.png
    blahhh.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Question.

Being a dedicated such as myself, I drag myself out of bed at 11.15am to find the market down 176 points already (DAX). Do you sit and and wait for an entry? Or do you slap yourself in the face for being so lazy and decide you've missed the action today? (then crack open a beer)
You trade ya plan ff

Question.

For me am normally done when the ATR has been cooked, but these days I tend to revert to scalping if I have nothing else on. Or I just sit on me hands.

Just because the ATR has been cooked now doesn't mean it won't or can't move more as you will likely know, it looks like a bleeder today. But just now its pretty much holding that ATR overshoot zone 8900/35...am interested to see what the U.S. has to say about things the day after QE/FED.

↑↓TriXx↓↑;2423572 said:
For me am normally done when the ATR has been cooked, but these days I tend to revert to scalping if I have nothing else on. Or I just sit on me hands.

Yea i guess waiting for the US open is best then trade the dow. I'm not really a scalper. I mean, many of my trades result is scalps, but generally i set out looking for bigger 20+ moves

↑↓TriXx↓↑;2422836 said:
Listen guys, leave the sarcasm at the door, am no interested in it and there's no need for it, be a bigger man about things and all that. I grew my account over the years from £15k to just over £120k while taking some out along the way.
If you have criticism and any other type of trolling habits, go and waste your time on someone else cause I can't be bothered with it.

Anyway matey's am off to get some grub, have a good evening.

↑↓TriXx↓↑;2423294 said:
Posty...you keeping that one on the DownLow or were you short.

↑↓TriXx↓↑;2423302 said:
Just think...today is the 30th Oct and in 15 days time, Germany (Europe's largest economy) will be in 'technical' recession.

Put that one in your Santa rally pipe and take a big puff or two out of it.

Your goading me, after saying 'be a bigger man' !

If you noticed I changed my Santa avatar to my usual one last night, so way ahead of you on that.

You bought early and sold way too early this morning, so it looks like you got lucky rather than understood the move.
However you made a profit, and like I say to everyone any profit is a good one (no matter how small).

You get what you give on this thread, keep posting and have fun. (y)

Your goading me, after saying 'be a bigger man' !

If you noticed I changed my Santa avatar to my usual one last night, so way ahead of you on that.

You bought early and sold way too early this morning, so it looks like you got lucky rather than understood the move.
However you made a profit, and like I say to everyone any profit is a good one (no matter how small).

You get what you give on this thread, keep posting and have fun. (y)

Haha

Posty ...

My timing was perfect mate, you know it and I know it. I don't trade on luck as you very well know. I trade on techs and put/call ratios and make my calls.

You can call it luck if that makes you feel better though. But really, no need to spit the dummy tit out mate.

↑↓TriXx↓↑;2423466 said:
McChicken Dippers!

8900-35

↑↓TriXx↓↑;2423480 said:
Bought some 8935 and want to buy some at 8900/05

↑↓TriXx↓↑;2423534 said:
Why I took the trade if anyone cares I dunno, but here it is...I thought it was pretty simple and works most of the time.

Probably the first thing I leaned about when I was with the prop firm. Good old ATR.

Don't listen to me folks....I don't understand the moves, you know how I like to hindsight trade...oh no wait...thats no me...oh well anyway...

8900/35....not to bad.

Attachments

• 1ad.png
    1ad.png
    44 KB · Views: 73