Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

The good news for me is I only closed out the DAX long on my family account which I trade and not on my own personal account which I assume a higher risk tolerance on.

What I risk for the family account and my own personal account is completely different as they have different risk and growth plans/strategies.

Attachments

• 2014-10-29_09-48-58.png
    2014-10-29_09-48-58.png
    27 KB · Views: 89
On a longer timeframe its still 8% below its high and Christmas is in 8 weeks.
We've averaged 100 points a week since the lows so far, that makes 100 points a week still to go.
Too far too soon this week?

Think its far to early to be thinking about Santa rallies.

What happens on 14th November if Germany print a 3rd weak GDP which would then place them in a technical recession.

IMO 9300-400 is not out of the question before we see a longer term top. But I will trade my peasant intraday moves rather than make wild predictions as it often bites me on the bum when I start getting all longer term.

I think that no ones got the slightest idea where the dax will go, including me, might be a bit more realistic :cheesy:

as a rough guide I have 9194 as a fib extension meeting strong resistance area. I'm trying to take feelings out of this but it's not even November yet.

You guys used the 50% at 9120 as a key area, but it didn't exactly bust through it. Looked like a low volume move through, not convincing.

The big boys are doing what they do best, luring everyone into false sense of security then pulling the plug.

as a rough guide I have 9194 as a fib extension meeting strong resistance area. I'm trying to take feelings out of this but it's not even November yet.

You guys used the 50% at 9120 as a key area, but it didn't exactly bust through it. Looked like a low volume move through, not convincing.

The big boys are doing what they do best, luring everyone into false sense of security then pulling the plug.

I use 50% as the market 'test' if it didn't bust through and then went back through then the bias is still long FOR NOW!

↑↓TriXx↓↑;2422402 said:
That time of the day when things get boring and I start eating to many chocolate bars!

Dont worry we have a dentist who visits regularly. :LOL:

Quote from ZeroHedge..

"In the meantime, for those curious how to trade today's FOMC, DB's Alan Ruskin notes that over the last two years the S&P 500 has on average been 0.35% down on the day of the statement when there is no press conference. When there is one the index is up 0.87%, perhaps reflecting the dovish nature of Bernanke and Yellen relative to the committee. There is also more volatility across different asset classes on press conference days. Alan speculates that this is perhaps due to the market's interpretation of the dots that appear at press conference meetings.

So will yesterday's epic short squeeze be undone? Tune in in just over 7 hours to find out.
"

Quote from Bloomberg..

"Treasuries gain as market awaits FOMC policy statement at 2pm in Washington DC; Fed expected to keep “considerable time”language, end QE."

"Fed won’t provide new economic projections, Yellen not scheduled for post-meeting presser"

Using 'typical price H+L+C/3' on this 15 minute line chart.

For me, as long as w stay above 9090/96 then I favor a run at 9180/90 and probably much higher perhaps the 9300's.

Closing prices below 9090/96 and this will be bias change imo.

Attachments

• 2014-10-29_11-22-51.png
    2014-10-29_11-22-51.png
    98.5 KB · Views: 809
You sure about that?

10k account running 5% marg buys dax 9139 @ 1ppp. This will be the only position open.
Costs aside, at what level would margin call occur?

Well in this case your stop would be at 0 Dax and if it never came back ...

Well in this case your stop would be at 0 Dax and if it never came back ...
:LOL:
Well, yes. But there was no margin call was there? :p

Everyone obviously has a 'stop' as you define it. :sneaky:

But im guessing thats not how the vast majority would view a stop. Most would see it as that nice fluffy little order that takes the responsibility and self induced emotional stress out of the trade. An illusionary failsafe that enables them to print their idea of Risk / Reward to the market.

You dont use one o them do ya?

European markets experienced a significant recovery yesterday. The recovery of the European Indexes was related with the perception that European companies have achieved good results.

US markets were driven by good business results on both sides of the Atlantic. Despite all the fears about the global economy, US companies are daring to record better earnings season this year. In fact, from the 208 companies in the SP500 that have reported their accounts 72% beat forecasts. Economic data, including a breakdown of durable goods orders, the lowest growth in house prices and the rise in consumer confidence had a limited impact on the session.

The FED meeting will be the main event of day as well of the week. The agenda include the program of debt acquisition and the outlook for the interest rates.

↑↓TriXx↓↑;2422428 said:
Quote from ZeroHedge..
Quote from Bloomberg..

181252d1414582788-anyone-scalping-ftse-futures-2014-10-29_11-22-51.png
I dunno man, that all sounds a bit like searching for a certainty in the haystack of uncertainty. Was an endless game of circles for me.
Gl with it.