Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

well the 8:30 struck on cue this morning, the 9:00 tried to reverse it but has only succeeded in halting progress so far - I've dow hedged now in case

well the 8:30 struck on cue this morning, the 9:00 tried to reverse it but has only succeeded in halting progress so far - I've dow hedged now in case

Hey Barjon. I took one of your trades yesterday. I have charted the difference between the DOW and FTSE, when the difference was 7030 which from my data has been a top level this year I took the trade on as a pair. So short DOW and Long FTSE. Very luck of me with the sell off. :D.
Squeezed as much out of is a could down to 12800. Happy but should have held.

Hey Barjon. I took one of your trades yesterday. I have charted the difference between the DOW and FTSE, when the difference was 7030 which from my data has been a top level this year I took the trade on as a pair. So short DOW and Long FTSE. Very luck of me with the sell off. :D.
Squeezed as much out of is a could down to 12800. Happy but should have held.

nice :) - ftse traded strong all afternoon into close and the net result of the hedge I took in the morning more than doubled the early long ftse trade even though ftse retreated.

Hi,

Not posted before, but I've been looking at the ranges in the FTSE over the last month and despite all the concerns out there - Greece, double-dip recession etc - the volatilty, taking in the daily range, is at the lowest level in 5 years.

Cheers

Hi rabc, welcome to the thread. What's your measure of volatility? Are you saying the average daily range is the lowest for 5 years?

It has been very quiet of late, but I haven't picked up on any specific measure of volatility. Usually it's the VIX but I haven't checked lately.

I am not trading today. Yet again I am playing Florence Nightingale as Mrs C-J now has the sickness bug that our 2 year old had last week. It's also our 5 year olds birthday. So I have been making icing and birthday cakes. Ah the domestic bliss!

Today looks like a consolidation of yesterdays down move, but the yanks may take it back up again. The bears are very shy and have been burned a few times trying to take it down.

We have had some nice swings today. Best two days of the month so far IMO.

Now I hope we can attack the 6000 FTSE and 13000 DOW milestones before a pull-back. But the charts are now giving mixed signals and I have read some articles today saying yesterday did some damage.

DC's target would make for a good ride :)

If we going to break up out of this range, today is the day me thinks.
We did not give anything back overnight.

thought we might get back to 5880 cash at some point overnight....might still go there just for a final prod:)

Not much to say about today, other than I did fade the spike on the options at 10:15am. Other than that I have been putting a new power unit in my computer that went on the fritz first thing this morning.

I think the markets are pushing for 13000 on the Dow and 6000 on the FTSE. Then there should be a rush for the exits.