Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Keep both platforms running Dick. Then fade the spike when you know its fake at £100 pp. :clap::clap::clap:

:LOL::LOL:

funny thing is the last time this happened it helped my analysis :)

maybe i'm being sent these by the great trader above:p

here's the i min chart reksa

Attachments

• spikeydoda.gif
    spikeydoda.gif
    50.8 KB · Views: 118

That is insane. I hope some people made them pay big time for that.
They probably wiped out so many stops though. People would be able to get the trade back if they complained but I bet not everyone would complain.

There is a Capital Spreads thread on here, you should post the chart on it.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Looks like we have some support at 5800. Just moved my stops below :clap::clap:

Last edited:
If the spreadbetting firm genuinely wants to stand behind that price spike and say it was a fair representation of the underlying futures market, then you should close your account and move elsewhere. Yes the market has been volatile but nothing like 80 pts. The Futures have stayed firmly within a 20 pt range since 6am.

If the spreadbetting firm genuinely wants to stand behind that price spike and say it was a fair representation of the underlying futures market, then you should close your account and move elsewhere. Yes the market has been volatile but nothing like 80 pts. The Futures have stayed firmly within a 20 pt range since 6am.

gents

I have checked my charts from 2wayspr and there is no spike like that

both futures and cash have a little 20 pt upward spike at 7.50 ish but as Martin C-J has written the market has been pretty well contained within a 20 to 25 pt range all morning
:cry:

This is a really horrible market this morning. I have been stopped out several times. I still don't understand what caused the massive volume spike at 8:32am. We had 1200 lots traded in that minute as opposed to just 25 lots 4 minutes earlier.

Again, this was a morning to suspend belief and to try not to have a bias. Hard not to considering Moody's downgrade and the change in outlook for the UK. This should have been seriously bad news for the UK and I expected a sell off. Overnight the market had been selling off and I expected that to continue this morning. Well, it only goes to prove that the big boys will sell it off when they want it to and not when we want it to. My guess is they are still in long positions and want to protect or get out of them at their own speed.

Hi guys - just back from the sun

overall ftse traded about 68 strong vs dow while I was away.

As Martin says funny old start today, opened a touch weak (-5) vs dow but holding its own since. Little 8:30 pop and same again at 9:00 - didn't touch them though. Maybe 10:00 will see better, but the 15:00 reversal seemed to be the better bet the few times I looked when sunning myself.

Can't believe that volume, Martin, surely it should have started the ball rolling one way or another.

someone is playing games today ...i just loaded the i min chart again and it's gone then as if by magic it's back again!! :confused:

think i'll just shut capspreads down and restart see if that helps

Attachments

• abracadabra.gif
    abracadabra.gif
    56.1 KB · Views: 135
someone is playing games today ...i just loaded the i min chart again and it's gone then as if by magic it's back again!! :confused:

think i'll just shut capspreads down and restart see if that helps

that did the trick it's gone:D

hello mr dc nice to see you back (y)

That is insane. I hope some people made them pay big time for that.
They probably wiped out so many stops though. People would be able to get the trade back if they complained but I bet not everyone would complain.

There is a Capital Spreads thread on here, you should post the chart on it.

That's a good idea, reksa. Their comments would be interesting.

The market should be good for 30 pts between 10am and 11am after the ZEW data. Anything would be better than this wicks and tails range we have had. It looks like it is testing highs lets see if it can break out.

Jon and DC - Welcome back. It is nice to have you back again.

Jon - the volume was a lot of stops being triggered both up and down, and then it was sideways and the trades were much easier to read.

DC - 4921? You love to keep us on our toes. I am expecting a sell off some time because the market is overbought big time, but I favour something around 5700. There may be more shocks to come in europe, and really how much longer can Greece last, but for it to hit 4921, there has to be a meteor strike at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Jon and DC - Welcome back. It is nice to have you back again.

DC - 4921? You love to keep us on our toes. I am expecting a sell off some time because the market is overbought big time, but I favour something around 5700. There may be more shocks to come in europe, and really how much longer can Greece last, but for it to hit 4921, there has to be a meteor strike at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

That would equate to an approx 2000 point drop on the Dow. Last year from 24th July, over a 3 week period I think it did that. Could happen again even without Obama being hit on the head by a meteor. How about a default by Greece followed by the Straits of Hormuz being closed.

That would equate to an approx 2000 point drop on the Dow. Last year from 24th July, over a 3 week period I think it did that. Could happen again even without Obama being hit on the head by a meteor. How about a default by Greece followed by the Straits of Hormuz being closed.

I think the Greek default is a given, but what we don't know is how and when. I think they will fail to make the March debt payment. There has to be a major run on greek banks some day soon. People are already draining their accounts, but there will come a moment where they start doing a Northern Rock outside every bank. That day will be a 200pt down day on the Dow, but it won't fall much more. At least I don't think so. In fact there will be a big relief rally when Greece finally pulls out of the euro.

As for Iran, they won't close the Straits of Hormuz. They are acting as if they are, but it would not be in Russia's or China's interests, so it won't happen. I think!!!