Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

When the Dow is held in a 10 point range overnight for over 14 hours, then it usually makes a big move on the open.
Does anyone really think its going down just before the Americans celebrate how wonderful they think they are? (Mind you they did beat the British).

The rest of the week really will make or break these markets. The highs we have on the s&p and Dow are not far off the highs from before and if we fail to go above 17000 on DOW and 1980 on S&P. We have a classic double top. Does anyone agree?

No sorry, ALL tops get blown away, the last one will be no exception.

The rest of the week really will make or break these markets. The highs we have on the s&p and Dow are not far off the highs from before and if we fail to go above 17000 on DOW and 1980 on S&P. We have a classic double top. Does anyone agree?

I am a newbie on here so pinch of salt with everything I say :).....but I think that's the crazy situation we see with these markets at the moment. We could well see a double top and expect a reversal but will it really work out that way? For the bull run to continue we need liquidity, growth and high valuations, all of which are still in evidence and seem to be sticking around. If the market were worried about growth we should see falls in US bond yields.

The current situation really is a quandary :confused: although you guy's might have a different take.

HH

OK on a more cautious note, you could concede that the Dow has 30 points of upside to test the 17,000 level again and then it MIGHT fall back. So even if it does go down you've got 30 points in the bag.

Also, we could speculate till the cows come home or just play the market when it opens!

That was a f*ck off big number, and barely a twitch on the Dow. Was a time that would have produced a 100 point move.
Maybe they're waiting for the open to do that. ;)

And then Yellen, well of course she will say really bad things in order to make the dow fall. Oh wait a minute these are the people pumping billions into the market to make it rise, why would she do that....

I can see a nice divergence on dax, but I don't know about it - with fed pumping money into stock market maybe we shouldn't pay too much attention to TA and go for longs only

Money won't be worth the paper it was printed on if they don't take a break soon imo:whistling

with fed pumping money into stock market maybe we shouldn't pay too much attention to TA and go for longs only

Exactly! And that's the part that's sitting uneasy with me. (The worthlessness of any kind of technical analysis!)
Making me question everything I thought I knew, lol.

Today FTSE presented a good trading opportunity and I’ve made my Long entry:
Financial Instrument: UK100 -> Entry rule: Double Bottom Pattern and STO Divergence

TP2 6971.4 TP2/Entry distance 206.0 TP2 RR 2.3
TP1 6866.5 TP1/Entry distance 101.1 TP1 RR 1.1
LONG 6765.4
STOP 6677.3 Stop/Entry distance 88.1

RR -> Reward / Risk
If TP1 is reached I'll move TP2 Stop to Break Even

ADP Non-Farm Employment Change was too good then it was expected. Senior traders how do you see US Indices for today ?

Last edited:
"Senior traders" lol. Well, titles aside, that's a tough question. Equity indexes are extremely well bid, and there are far eastern flows coming into risk assets as we speak, however most US equity indexes look short-term over-bought to me... so I guess I'm saying: "trade what you see, and be careful".

Couple of months ago when i was a beginner you guys suggest me to see news calendar for high impact news announcements.
Do you think S&P , Dow are overbought ?