Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

S&P and Dow have started to turn down. The early birds on the east coast are pecking at the worms.

I'm thinking Dow will move down on open dragging Europe further down.
It will be a late move up if we get one in Euroland. IMO.

Agree IMO
US looks out of whack to EUR and UK for today and month.
Asia/Pacific S/B futures also not followed the moves into tonight.
Will they move down in US session or wait to Asia on Monday.
Check the move in the AUD/USD risk off

very disappointing performance from the FTSE and Carney's rhetoric strengthening the pound. wow almost 1.70 dollars to the pound. I am still holding my longs avg 6837 as fundamentally i feel everything is ok the feel good factor is going to return soon, especially if England win on saturday. may even be tempted to buy some more at 6750. All said and done I am glad my position is a small enough % of my portfolio for me to comfortably hold. with hindsight 6850 would have been a great place to take partial profits.... good luck

very disappointing performance from the FTSE and Carney's rhetoric strengthening the pound. wow almost 1.70 dollars to the pound. I am still holding my longs avg 6837 as fundamentally i feel everything is ok the feel good factor is going to return soon, especially if England win on saturday. may even be tempted to buy some more at 6750. All said and done I am glad my position is a small enough % of my portfolio for me to comfortably hold. with hindsight 6850 would have been a great place to take partial profits.... good luck

Your a big boy so I hope you take this the right way.
Your icon says your a coach / trainer and your holding a losing position after a surprise announcement of interest rates rising sooner than expected and the pound rising.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/fir...stman-dinos-all-contributors.html#post2346030
"My biggest demon has been.......YEP.!!..LETTING THE BAD TRADE GO !!"

That really does seem to be a big Demon.

Good luck. :clover:

Your a big boy so I hope you take this the right way.
Your icon says your a coach / trainer and your holding a losing position after a surprise announcement of interest rates rising sooner than expected and the pound rising.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/fir...stman-dinos-all-contributors.html#post2346030
"My biggest demon has been.......YEP.!!..LETTING THE BAD TRADE GO !!"

That really does seem to be a big Demon.

Good luck. :clover:

haha no worries postie. the majority of my positions in my portfolio are market neutral and I have coached a few traders to help make the transition from directional to market neutral trading hence I thought I better disclose it from outset.

I probably shouldn't have posted my trade in this thread as after all it is a 'scalping' thread and I tend to hold from hours to weeks, sometimes up to 2 months. So where others are in and out quickly I am in no rush. My only stop in the market here is an emergency on at 6450. I just work my position, I am happy to add several layers into a position, so I may add another layer here at 6750 depending on the news flow, more likely I would add at 6700 again depending on whether I think the price is justified or 'value'.

It's good to have a range of opinions, but I guess my trades would be better suited to a 'anyone swing trading the FTSE' rather than a scalping thread.

bon chance.

How much are they paying these guys?

RBS expects BoE rate hike in February 2015 vs. prev view of August 2015
Deutsche Bank expects BoE rate hike in November 2014, BoE rate at 0.75% by the end of 2014, and 1.5% by the end of 2015

Mind you RBS would have looked right chumps if they'd gone straight from AUG 15 to Nov 14. They will probably announce Nov 14 from Feb 15 next month. It will look better. :p

The Dax hourly chart looks really bad.
I had to zoom out to the daily chart to find the next big support.
Best case 9740 worst case 8500. :eek: