Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Morning all had a nice shortie good to start the day with a profit. 9867 is a swing low on the daily that's a long for me... below that and it won't be pretty

looks like a long's day on dax, as long as it does not go below 865
Got the first long already, only for 10 pips
890 another long entry

I'm now Long Dow 758 short Dax 929. Somethings got to give.
I'll be back at 9pm.

Going back to that 'pseudo hedge' I made last night when the indexes were out of whack, now things have settled down it looks a lot better.

Dow is 752 and holding (-6)
Dax is 9887 and holding (+42 x 2= +84)
Total +78.

Barjon maybe there is something in this pair trading lark after all. ;)

looks like a long's day on dax, as long as it does not go below 865
Got the first long already, only for 10 pips
890 another long entry

closed a lot of long positions on dax at 896 to have a break
I am expecting to reload longs later on

Last edited:
Its amazing how well we can all do with a bit of movement in the market.
Its not so hard this trading game is it. :whistling

Going back to that 'pseudo hedge' I made last night when the indexes were out of whack, now things have settled down it looks a lot better.

Dow is 752 and holding (-6)
Dax is 9887 and holding (+42 x 2= +84)
Total +78.

Barjon maybe there is something in this pair trading lark after all. ;)

Ah! You're beginning to smell the coffee :LOL:

Postman - nice job !

Had taken some Dax scalps earlier in the morning, biggest posn (as per previous posts) was scaling (long) into lows from 87 down to 75, then closing the posn around 95. Total pts for day: +77
Hope you're all doing well.
well done, I also have taken larger positions especially when it was bouncing aroung 875, just 10 pips from resistance on daily, re-testing it.
If 865 is surpassed to the downside I will need to look differently at my current delta cycle on the lower TF, something I would not like to do:)
Dow is looking more bullish than Dax to me, so in the us session we might see some bullish action.
Have a look at the market heat map and observe how red days are related to green days. After three red days it often is that Fri is either neutral or positively green. I do not expect this FRI to be a blood bath day on Wall Street.
http://finviz.com/map3darchive.ashx
I find the above site useful.
If you play a bit with it there are also COT displayed including US indices

Last edited: