Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I had a potential short right near the high, but:
1 / it didn't 'quite' trigger according to my rules
2/ I wouldn't have taken it anyway! I'm a perma-bull!

Tempted for a instinct long here. Not entered yet, though

I had a potential short right near the high, but:
1 / it didn't 'quite' trigger according to my rules
2/ I wouldn't have taken it anyway! I'm a perma-bull!

Tempted for a instinct long here. Not entered yet, though

Wait for the Dax to hit my stop at 38 before going long. :rolleyes:

Dax 10,020 here we come.

You might be right. I just closed a short because I hit a rising average. I am just a little ahead of the day's trading because I lost 9 points shorting, earlier. There is a resistance to shorting, this morning---but you never can tell!

Anyone know how much a German trader is paid to sit and wait for an American to tell them what to do?

Closed it.
Whats the point.
Its not really scalping if you hold it for 2 hours waiting for 1 point.

Oh, I dunno. Some people make a fortune selling that system to the unwary (no stoploss, of course :devilish:)

I've been away from the board a while but still trading.

I have just been looking at my stats after 18 days of trading my strategy (with full monitoring). I've made 209 points net at a 69% success rate. That's not great but I've still met my profit target so far. I've had two particularly bad days where I have lost 30 points each

Currently my stats show my average losses are greater than my averages wins. I know I dont always let my trades run to target, esp these days where there seems to be a lot more volatility.

My question to you good folks is, is it normal to have average losses greater than averages wins but still making money as % success of trades if favourable?

I've deliberately worked to lower my over-trading so now averaging 8 trades a day and that's a net 12 points per day average so far. That looks pretty poor on paper. The Average winning points per trade is 7.8 and average per losing trade is 13

I am not a senior trader to answer you but i will just say what i have learn it.

1) Always take hige Risk Reward trades. 1:3 or more.
2) Don't trade until you find a high probability setup.
3) You only need 10 points daily.> (by Postman)

DAX just touched that uptrend line (the last low) and rejected it for the time being

We'll see what happens at US open

This market is so thin, as soon as I placed the trade my stop was hunted.
They'll never get down to 9938 though, so its safe.

I wouldn't say stop hunting, it depends on you "view", things we all see it differently, that's whats makes trading so interesting, on my charts your long was just below the daily pivot, with the 10 minute PA in downward move, the 5 minute chart confirmed the short at 14.00, taking the trade down beyond the 9938. :whistling

Attachments

• Dow view 1.png
    Dow view 1.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 90
  • dow view 2.png
    dow view 2.png
    18 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
DAX just touched that uptrend line (the last low) and rejected it for the time being

We'll see what happens at US open

Speculative buy at 9936 dax equivalent

Stop 20 points away

Just checking if that trend line holds - highly speculative:!:

I think the problem were facing here with Dow is there has been so little buying taking the market up that any amount of selling is going to bring it tumbling down.

Hi Zen, nice to see you here, hope all is well mate.

Hi D - good to see your analysis like always. Going with the trend is the most profitable way imo

I'm ok - sometimes can't resist taking few counter trend trades:whistling

Hope you are doing well

I think the problem were facing here with Dow is there has been so little buying taking the market up that any amount of selling is going to bring it tumbling down.

I agree, the level of our input is a mere speck and will not influence the markets, best leave it to big boys, and jump on board their moves rather than trying to second guess whats going to happen.