Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

observe the PA and learn what is happening before the important news release
and discuss later
Whatever you do be ruthless with SL

Yes, I am scalping with PA at keylevels. Previously I never thought that news announcement produced huge impact on futures just like in Forex. I never give much importance to fundamental analysis because i am an I.T guy and it is too difficult for me to understand those economics concepts.

A little while ago I got criticised for being a NOOB, but I'm quite surprised that a lot of you have been taking up positions without really having a clue of direction and before major news announcements.

Yes, I am scalping with PA at keylevels. Previously I never thought that news announcement produced huge impact on futures just like in Forex. I never give much importance to fundamental analysis because i am an I.T guy and it is too difficult for me to understand those economics concepts.
I don't think that there are many who understand them.
But they influence PA around and at the time of news release.:)

A little while ago I got criticised for being a NOOB, but I'm quite surprised that a lot of you have been taking up positions without really having a clue of direction and before major news announcements.

when one is careful and reads some basic S/R levels, trading using shorter TF is possible. When one hits few good trades, one can be dangerously optimistic regarding the perceived skill of trading.
For new traders it is better to stay away from trading news release, new traders might find it difficult to use SL correctly, which is one of the main reasons new traders blow up their accounts.

Last edited:
Seriosuly Emoun, how can you possibly open a trade without considering huge economic news announcements that could (usually will) affect your positions.

Today is a massive day in the financial markets, both the BoE and ECB have released interest rates and everyone was expecting the ECB to lower rates and move to negative deposit rates.

Next up is the US initial jobless claims which occurs each week. You really need to be aware of these events and position yourself accordingly. Personally I am flat ahead of news, preferring to trade the reaction

Buy everything NOW.
If it goes up tomorrow you got a bargain, if it goes down you can buy more at a cheaper price.
Just Buy It - you know it makes sense ... well err about as much sense as anything in these markets. :whistling

Postman, Please don't die too soon after all we need you for a long long time. :clap:

when one is careful and reads some basic S/R levels, trading using shorter TF is possible. When one hits few good trades, one can be dangerously optimistic regarding the perceived skill of trading.
For new traders it is better to stay away from trading news release, new traders might find it difficult to use SL correctly, which is one of the main reasons new traders blow up their accounts.

I agree completely, I've been caught out with that in the past big time but now I'm not looking to make a fortune and getting sucked in by these long green or red candles. I take a little out of the market. I have a full time job so if I can get out enough to cover my mortgage I've done really well!

Reactions: 2be
Seriosuly Emoun, how can you possibly open a trade without considering huge economic news announcements that could (usually will) affect your positions.

Today is a massive day in the financial markets, both the BoE and ECB have released interest rates and everyone was expecting the ECB to lower rates and move to negative deposit rates.

Next up is the US initial jobless claims which occurs each week. You really need to be aware of these events and position yourself accordingly. Personally I am flat ahead of news, preferring to trade the reaction

I am learning it from you guys.
I will be careful next time.

Thanks

Its nice to know the European economy is doing so well and yet it needs all this financial assistance to keep it going. :confused:

I agree completely, I've been caught out with that in the past big time but now I'm not looking to make a fortune and getting sucked in by these long green or red candles. I take a little out of the market. I have a full time job so if I can get out enough to cover my mortgage I've done really well!

I risk 1% of my capital for each trade and look for 1:3 Risks Reward Ratio or more.
I try to grab at least 10 points each day.