Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Thanks for the info on the Dax. (y)

Looking forward to finding out what the Dow info is BEFORE I put any positions on if you would oblige just this once. If the info is good I will need to consider investing my hard won trading funds into purchasing this information for myself.

Do you have a subscription to TadeTheNews.com ? if so then you will get all the info LIVE from the trade floor including the live GS and JP bidding and offering as it happens. Its a live audio squawk from the US trade floor.

Do you have a subscription to TadeTheNews.com ? if so then you will get all the info LIVE from the trade floor including the live GS and JP bidding and offering as it happens. Its a live audio squawk from the US trade floor.

thanks DAXTechnician.

going to check out that link

I should expand on that as its pretty empty explanation...

I believe GS and others have the option barriers where they do in order to stop price from rising further ahead of ECB and NFP as well as other events this week. If those barriers gave way, you would see an influx of buyers step in which would be harder to control and obviously produce more expensive prices.

2 things...

One: either these institutions that own the option barriers are looking to entice sellers so they can buy dips and remove the OP's for further rallies higher this week. (catch the sellers and trap them...buy into retail weakness?)

OR

Two: They are selling now and protect those higher levels from breaking becasue if those higher levels are taken out, it will cost to much with more expensive prices to short and control an influx of bulls entering the market. If those levels are smashed, there will be to much money pouring in on LONGS to short effectively on ECB and/or NFP plus other factors.

All I know for a fact is that GS are protecting the level for whatever reason that may be!

Thanks for the added info on the trading strategies, some people follow confident recommendations posted on trading forums without thinking, which is hazardous to their wealth.
Given the reasoning behind the trade highlights some of the risks involved.

I used to trade the FTSE options expiry swings on the day before / morning of expiry. That was always good for increasing the heart rate and the bank balance. That trade seems to be 'smoother' now. (y)

Given recent price action I'm seeing the Dax more willing to give up its gains than the Dow.
But if there's one thing I've learned trading Daxy is that she's relentlessly upwardly mobile.

I thing IMHO DOW is maxing out...

As I stated before April will be hard month, both in terms of trend and trading. Trading will be challenging. You will see how challenging it would be this week (May be today). This week will be trailer followed by climax next week. Thurs or Friday or may be both you will see crazy up move... followed by same intense down move next week.

New drivers, please keep away from the road. Specially this week and next week.

xehdht.jpg

JT

Last edited:
Given recent price action I'm seeing the Dax more willing to give up its gains than the Dow.
But if there's one thing I've learned trading Daxy is that she's relentlessly upwardly mobile.

Take out the 9600 again today ahead of ECB tomorrow and me thinks that will kick start the decline down to 9542 and then 9500, if its a really good one then down to 9462 for a dip buy.

Last edited:
S&P cash 1891/2 on open. Then ??? Probabilities suggest a drop. :eek:

Any upside on DJIA is likely to be capped at 16,575/95, but with the Knock-ins at 16,490, if thats tagged/broken...will be an instant sell-off at the open. If DJIA is trading under 16,530 just before the open, its an instant sell IMO.

I've done S&P and Dax, but I cant get this chart out of my head...

They're mad those Yanks.

Attachments

• Dow worry.png
    Dow worry.png
    60.7 KB · Views: 80
I'm going for a walk so decided not to push my luck and closed my short Dax for 17 points. Maybe get a better opportunity later on. That was 40.5 to 23.5

Any upside on DJIA is likely to be capped at 16,575/95, but with the Knock-ins at 16,490, if thats tagged/broken...will be an instant sell-off at the open. If DJIA is trading under 16,530 just before the open, its an instant sell IMO.

Approaching 16,530 .... :)

Already short from yesterday at 520, 540 and 560.