Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

right then 5585 and 12280 in play
5642 and 12305 in play for the short

heres the rub if the FTSE hits 642 after hours and the DOW hits 12280s then FTSE becomes a buy at 5506 target 5702 rather than a low target

its like waiting for the number 9 bus
:sleep::sleep:
I also have dow limit order in at 12088 I'll buy the lot

Last edited:
would like to get above 150 for US open 12150 should give a good buying area once in session

We haven't had a pullback of any size since this downtrend started at 12:30pm. We've passed the 3:50pm buzzer and though it has tried, it has failed to rally much. That said, I am still long from 15:43 in the hope that it will finally pullback, but this has been a pretty bearish day.

Closed that long because I fell asleep waiting for Godot. The ES should try one more down before going to lunch.

ps What spooked the US market was not any eurobabble, it was because Intel issued a reduced earnings estimate, which caught the market by surprise.

I think you will find that it started friday night
and continued last night

MC - my goldfish bowl is smaller than yours, and I was only swimming back to lunchtime today, but you are spot on. The sell off started on friday evening when the reality sunk in that the euro was still in grave danger. I am expecting some downgrades from S&P or Moodys any day now, although today's bond auctions showed possibly some respite. Couldn't see the rally that my swing trading friends were seeing, but they usually call it much better than me.

MC - my goldfish bowl is smaller than yours, and I was only swimming back to lunchtime today, but you are spot on. The sell off started on friday evening when the reality sunk in that the euro was still in grave danger. I am expecting some downgrades from S&P or Moodys any day now, although today's bond auctions showed possibly some respite. Couldn't see the rally that my swing trading friends were seeing, but they usually call it much better than me.

Like DC I was quite bullish today , but then I noticed that ES had tested fridays highs and dropped since then... also I could see an upward and downward channel on the FTSE.. once it broke the upward channel then for me it was trading downwards. You can see a potential low in the channel for tommorrow of 5350 which would be a 50% retracement of the move on the dailies.

Not that this has helped me much today in terms of results.. but it hasnt been a disaster .. and we have the rest of the night yet.

have just taken a small long position at 5418... I am working on the basis that the buying target for tomorrow will be 5350.. for that to make sense then we need to get a retracement from here.. sounds flaky I know , but thats my logic.

have just taken a small long position at 5418... I am working on the basis that the buying target for tomorrow will be 5350.. for that to make sense then we need to get a retracement from here.. sounds flaky I know , but thats my logic.

why you want buy target 5350 I want buy target 5481