Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

same here
its nice when its on the button

am liking today very much !!!

this is so , so much better than scalping... but have to say scalping skills proved useful this morning in taking profit and reloading... but don't want to overdo that as I dont want to make this too complicated...

I like simple...

I even got time to take a walk in the park and enjoy the sunshine we are having down here in sunny Surrey.

:D

am liking today very much !!!

this is so , so much better than scalping... but have to say scalping skills proved useful this morning in taking profit and reloading... but don't want to overdo that as I dont want to make this too complicated...

I like simple...

I even got time to take a walk in the park and enjoy the sunshine we are having down here in sunny Surrey.

:D

I missed the whole 9am spike went for a brew 8:55:LOL: nice sunny weather here also, I was thinking prior to brew given target 642 I would like to see a double hit in the 60s

I missed the whole 9am spike went for a brew 8:55:LOL: nice sunny weather here also, I was thinking prior to brew given target 642 I would like to see a double hit in the 60s

DC.. did you get my private message I sent you?

you probably get so many you might not have spotted it.

I have started to use the Gann techniques to analyse price movements and potential turning points.. at the moment it is telling me that we will get to just under 5700.. even a squeeze through here to a double top would fit also.

I have started to use the Gann techniques to analyse price movements and potential turning points.. at the moment it is telling me that we will get to just under 5700.. even a squeeze through here to a double top would fit also.

hope not

we have just had a back test to my line in the sand at 5540

FTSE low target came up on radar 5415 thats a weekly so can carry and I think DJ had that area from something

DOW also gave 11952 so best option exit and wait

if we get a low then will reload or short at target high

Last edited:
have you tried going more indepth on gap fills?

I'm a bit of a spreadsheet geek but I have not looked into them as much as I would like. I always record them every day and look at things like the size of the gap and likelihood of getting filled. I have data for days of the week, size of the gap, and I have tried making more sense of it. I'm not convinced like DJ said that if it fills in the first 15 it will continue it that direction. I think that depends on the size. For me the 7-8am action paints the best picture of how I will approach the gap trade if I’m going to take it on.

I have 2 targets on DOW now 11952 and 12305

as that is some move Im gonna have limits just on the inside of those figures @11952 to 11972 and 12285 to 12305

FTSE high 642 still in play we should hit 565 area then pullback to close 423 area this would put the high for monday

I'm a bit of a spreadsheet geek but I have not looked into them as much as I would like. I always record them every day and look at things like the size of the gap and likelihood of getting filled. I have data for days of the week, size of the gap, and I have tried making more sense of it. I'm not convinced like DJ said that if it fills in the first 15 it will continue it that direction. I think that depends on the size. For me the 7-8am action paints the best picture of how I will approach the gap trade if I’m going to take it on.

sounds fair when I did my analysis of DOW and S&P gaps I used size of gap as a quantifier for fill or partial fill and also used days of week

to try and translate to FTSE at the moment, if we open on a monday gap +35 did it fill same day tue wed etc, was the next friday close in the direction of the gap or not, if we had a rally day then had a negative gap did that close then continue the rally.

sounds fair when I did my analysis of DOW and S&P gaps I used size of gap as a quantifier for fill or partial fill and also used days of week

to try and translate to FTSE at the moment, if we open on a monday gap +35 did it fill same day tue wed etc, was the next friday close in the direction of the gap or not, if we had a rally day then had a negative gap did that close then continue the rally.

Yep same as me. Also do all my calcs for S&P and DOW.
Been doing lots lately on the George Angell calcs. Trying to get some analysis on the numbers and quantify them. Cash, Futures (only current contract) and globex going back a year through every dam chart. Example being my tweaked buying under number is good for 25 points 85% of the time on the same day.
Have you done anything similar?

Yep same as me. Also do all my calcs for S&P and DOW.
Been doing lots lately on the George Angell calcs. Trying to get some analysis on the numbers and quantify them. Cash, Futures (only current contract) and globex going back a year through every dam chart. Example being my tweaked buying under number is good for 25 points 85% of the time on the same day.
Have you done anything similar?

I have done a few years ago now, I have miss placed my files though but Im stilll looking for them I have stacks of diskc to go through I went back about 10 years on each

Im long again 12048 and 5492 leaving the orders in for now target is 5568 ftse and 12285 dow

will also go long at close ftse if 521 area and 642 not hit

I have done a few years ago now, I have miss placed my files though but Im stilll looking for them I have stacks of diskc to go through I went back about 10 years on each

10 years. That's a lot of work.

Hi all,

Just back from a nice liquid lunch...

I traded out about 12.30 ish... Last lot went out about 25's

Was really pleased with that trade and will have a joyous weekend as a result

I don't like holding over weekends as a rule. Enjoy your weekends

Hi all,

Just back from a nice liquid lunch...

I traded out about 12.30 ish... Last lot went out about 25's

Was really pleased with that trade and will have a joyous weekend as a result

I don't like holding over weekends as a rule. Enjoy your weekends

Not sure anyone will want to hold this weekend.

I have it at around 70% of them fill. That's since start of October.

Dax over 10 years would seem to be similar.

Attachments

• daxgf.png
    daxgf.png
    29.3 KB · Views: 167