Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Dom today

From The Trader

Daily market outlook
03 March 2014

The tension surrounding Ukraine is taking its toll on equities. The DAX has already been hit especially hard, while the FTSE and S&P are also under pressure this morning. I have no particular insight into how long the crisis will take to pass. My gut-feeling, though, is that a positive outcome will be seen, and that the indices will resume their upwards march once this happens. In the meantime, I would definitely close any long positions that have not already been knocked out. The most promising trend for now remains that in gold, which is moving towards my next target thanks to the standoff with Russia.

Click here for a PDF version, also containing support and resistance levels.
Today's Market Focus
Take cover for now

The DAX was well on its way back to my target at 9734.8 halfway through Friday. Its sudden collapse has caused a negative crossover of the 21- and 55-fourhourly EMAs, which turns me neutral for now. If more of a downtrend is established, I’ll have to start shorting. Once this shakeout is over, I foresee new all-time highs.

DAY: Exit any remaining longs.

POSITION: Exit any remaining longs.

The FTSE has also breached its recent lows and could follow the DAX in giving a sell signal today. My instinct would be not to hang around in these conditions. While my big-picture bull-case remains intact, there is scope for downside near-term, perhaps into the 6660 zone to start with.

DAY: Exit any remaining longs.

POSITION: Exit any remaining longs.

S&P has made it most of the way to my target at 1873. The subsequent sell-off has taken it back to its 55-fourhourly, where two of its recent rallies began. I wouldn’t count on it bouncing from here again necessarily, though. After this correction, I am looking for new highs towards 1900.DAY: Exit any remaining longs for now.POSITION: Exit any remaining longs for now

Friday: “My call remains for a return back to the highs at $1.6823.” GBPUSD has made erratic progress towards my target following that call, and I reckon there is likely more to come here. I restate my target from Friday.

DAY: Stay long or buy bounces off the 13-fourhourly EMA.

POSITION: Nothing for now.

EURO/US DOLLARIG I didn’t see EURUSD’s Friday thrust higher coming, although some of the ground has now been given up amidst the turmoil over Ukraine. Normally, my instinct would be to buy the sort of bounce we are presently seeing, but on this occasion I am a bit more wary. DAY: Stay neutral for now.POSITION: Nothing for now.GOLDIG Index chart

Friday: “…so I would expect it to head to fresh highs above $1352 before too long.” Gold loves a crisis, and its price is blasting towards my objective as the standoff over Ukraine intensifies. I fancy a move to $1361 before long.

DAY: Stay long or buy bounces off the rising 21-TENMINUTE EMA.

POSITION: None.

a good january reversal form sp500 and ftse but old putitin seems to have screwed the dow reversal for now :(