Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

g'day guys

ftse didn't altogether believe the dow dive last night and opened pretty strong, had second thoughts and traded weakish in the first hour to reduce half the difference.

Currently doesn't believe the dow spurt in the last ten minutes or so either :)

g'day guys

ftse didn't altogether believe the dow dive last night and opened pretty strong, had second thoughts and traded weakish in the first hour to reduce half the difference.

Currently doesn't believe the dow spurt in the last ten minutes or so either :)

Afternoon. :)

Shares in HSBC jumped nearly 10% in a matter of minutes in what traders said looked like a costly mistake.

The bank jumped from around 630p to 688p, prompting an automatic suspension of the shares for five minutes.

When they restarted they fell back to their previous level. One trader said: "This looks like a fat finger, it's a complete error. It looks like someone has taken a hit of around £400,000."

The London Stock Exchange confirmed the temporary suspension, and said it was investigating the situation. Depending on the outcome the trades could be allowed to stand, or could be cancelled.

http://www.theguardian.com/business...0/hsbc-fat-finger-shares-suspended?CMP=twt_fd

That black line is a huge support, DOW can stick around inside that blue box for couple of weeks before plunging down the black line...

Attachments

• DOW_30.jpg
    DOW_30.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 81
Shares in HSBC jumped nearly 10% in a matter of minutes in what traders said looked like a costly mistake.

The bank jumped from around 630p to 688p, prompting an automatic suspension of the shares for five minutes.

When they restarted they fell back to their previous level. One trader said: "This looks like a fat finger, it's a complete error. It looks like someone has taken a hit of around £400,000."

The London Stock Exchange confirmed the temporary suspension, and said it was investigating the situation. Depending on the outcome the trades could be allowed to stand, or could be cancelled.

http://www.theguardian.com/business...0/hsbc-fat-finger-shares-suspended?CMP=twt_fd

I feel like... some thing wrong with the HSBC....

I feel like... some thing wrong with the HSBC....

there was story about analysts saying they have huge billion black hole, but i think someone is trying to create fear and drive down indices.

smear stories.

if someone can find the credit default swaps for HSBC that will clear things up

what a coincidence that the stock they are smearing had a sharp 10% "fat finger" rise today

Last edited:
Isnt it amazing how random purchases and sales of Dax stocks just happen to bring the Index value back to 9300 on the hour. :whistling

ftse just about flat now vs dow from last night's dow close. Initial strength fully dissipated

Either GDP or Job numbers has to be shocking.... (in order to create panic)

yeah it would have to be a bad miss to pull this sucker down, even a small miss may still result in a rally. all my 2c of course.

PS - watch gold for 15 mins before the data, someone was playing prior to the FOMC yesterday

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah it would have to be a bad miss to pull this sucker down, even a small miss may still result in a rally. all my 2c of course.

PS - watch gold for 15 mins before the data, someone was playing prior to the FOMC yesterday

yeah I know gold gonna shoot up this year.... around 2000 by the year end...