Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

The ONE thing I learnt from Oscar was to close my positions overnight, because when you wake up next day with an open position you look to justify your short / long and not see the market for what it is.

True, postie. Trouble is some of the significant moves on the equities come from the opening gaps so I need those (Don't shout it about but I even take the stops off overnight so as not to get caught by the opening hurly burly and widened spreads :whistling) )

The ONE thing I learnt from Oscar was to close my positions overnight, because when you wake up next day with an open position you look to justify your short / long and not see the market for what it is.

postman, it depends on your trading plan... if you are a day trader and keep position open, since you view was very short term you get stuck when market move changes....

In my case, its based on cycle and long term swing trade ... so it does not matter to me how market fluctuate every day.....

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Dom loses his balls again

From The Trader

Daily market outlook
23 January 2014

EUROPEAN OVERVIEW

While the indices have sold off a bit overnight, the overall uptrend remains intact for now. As before, the FTSE looks better than the DAX and the S&P. But none are especially appealing in their own right. Although I remain bullish, I do not really feel like chasing at this moment. I will do further intraday longs if the opportunities arise, but only in small size until the rally really gets going.

The latest AAII survey shows little sign of extreme bullishness, with 38.1% bulls and exactly the same number of “neutrals.” This is healthy and leaves room for more upside on Wall Street, as I see it.
Today's Market Focus
More GBPUSD upside to come
More GBPUSD upside to come

Yesterday: “I am therefore on the lookout for gains to around $1.66000.” GBPUSD has rocketed higher once again towards my next objective. The subsequent pullback from mildly overbought levels on the fourhourly chart has been very gentle, which bodes well for more upside.

DAY: Stay long or buy when the price comes together with its 13-fourhourly EMA.

POSITION: Nothing for now.

Last edited:
Trading tip for the day. Buy now go away walk the dog, exercise, 'surprise' the wife do anything but sit in front of the screen all day.
Come back in 8 hours and you will have made 20 points. :rolleyes:

5 hours to go... currently up 24 ;)

We havent had a song today....

When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars

This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius

Fill-in the blanks

FLAG - DOWN , FLAG - ________

Attachments

• FTSE_23.jpg
    FTSE_23.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 93
We havent had a song today....

Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars

This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius

Or as Jessi might sing it:

Then bears will guide the planets
And fear will steer the stars

This is the dawning of the crash of Aquarius

From CNBC (http://www.cnbc.com/id/101354985)
---------------------------
The U.S. economy is in a "rut" and has been in stagnation since 1972, a Nobel Prize-winning economist told CNBC.

Edmund Phelps, who was awarded the Nobel Prize for Economics in 2006, said the U.S. government has run out of ideas about how to fix the economy.

"Governments have thrown all sorts of ammunition at it including concocting the housing boom. And we are kind of out of that ammunition and we have to dig deeper if we are going to get out of this rut," Phelps told CNBC in a TV interview.

Phelps is highly credited with advancing the Golden Rule savings rate, which aims to promote state growth, as well as creating the theory of the natural rate of unemployment, a figure still used today to inform central bank policy.

Many experts are predicting growth in the U.S. to hit levels of around 3 percent in 2014, but the Nobel Prize-winner said that was "a little on the optimistic side".

He got it too !!!

"""when you are in an environment that sometimes gives the opportunity to make several thousand pounds in 10 minutes or there abouts, you start to realise that what other people think of you is pointless. it often comes from jealousy. after all, these 'funny people' from outside have often worked under this dumb belief that success comes from qualifications and working all the hours under the sun to 'please the boss' and other rat race stuff. talk about a wasted life! whos the d!ckhead now?

life is too short.

lift up your skirt, grab your balls AND MAKE SOME MONEY!!! - oh - and have some fun!!

yours,

captain sensible."""

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trad...ml#post2259572