Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Mmm, I sometimes wonder whether all the screen time we put in is worth it as against a more "buy and hold" strategy where you can just bugger off and enjoy yourself in the meantime.

I'm constantly irritated by Pam (my good lady) popping into my study from time to time saying "oh, just buy a bit if this will you" - as she did with Lloyds @ 26!! I've done well with Lloyds nipping in and out as they've climbed to their current level, but she's done better and had all that free time to play with too :(

Waht about that thing tho Jon where you were buying all the pullbacks in that trading game competition and made gazllions.

Must have outperformed buy and hold by thousands of %.

I know I know, real money vs not, eventual slippage etc, but Dan did prove it can be done.

I'm striving for 15 to 25 % / month.

;)

aye, most of the pros I know are in the buy high, sell higher (sell low, buy lower) camp since they are always looking for momentum

buy high and sell higher or buy and hold doesn't work at market turning points or the Climex .

They lose and get choped off :LOL:

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-12-09 at 14_10_48.bmp
    1.4 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Mmm, I sometimes wonder whether all the screen time we put in is worth it as against a more "buy and hold" strategy where you can just bugger off and enjoy yourself in the meantime.

I'm constantly irritated by Pam (my good lady) popping into my study from time to time saying "oh, just buy a bit if this will you" - as she did with Lloyds @ 26!! I've done well with Lloyds nipping in and out as they've climbed to their current level, but she's done better and had all that free time to play with too :(

Royal Mail 601p made high last week 615

I'm long everything - I've remortgaged the house sold the car, wife, kids (not the dog) and bought all the Dax, FTSE and DOW futures I could get my hands on. :mad: :rolleyes:

buy high and sell higher or buy and hold doesn't work at market turning points or the Climex .

They lose and get choped off :LOL:

True, but if you are following momentum the odds favour continuation rather than reversal by miles.

Yeah, s'what I do every day :LOL::LOL:

Let's team up.

:D

But, seriously, that thing went on quite some time, so it showed 100% that you have everything needed to achieve truly amazing returns.

I remember our twi here who started at a prop firm and is at hedge fund now having said that he was getting 25 - 35% per month out of 20 to 40k accounts.

I think at the end of it 80% of what we achieve is what we believe and trust ourselves to achieve.

Same like you Jon really breakouts out of pullbacks in the direction of the trend.

aye - i gotta see momentum though otherwise it tends to stagger about like a drunken sailor

Agree with, you need momentum.

Though that drunken sailor is a throughly good sort too for having drinks with:

henleyrt2.png

:LOL:

:LOL: talking of momentum I wish this damn market would burst into life one way or t'other. I know everyone waits for US with bated breath, but this is ridiculous.

Yup, charts are one big choppy mess.

Plus only one more number for the day, US leading indicators at 15:OO UK time.