out here @ 1155.5 for +5 points

out here at 1157.5 for +3.5 points

stopped: -3

stopped, -3

out here at 1159 for +5

First day posting for this newbie.

+3.5 points.
These are ES points , so that's +35 pips

I might tally up in 'pips' from now on as I see most others do.

Lucky to be up on the day. This is bloomin' hard! lol

First day posting for this newbie.

+3.5 points.
These are ES points , so that's +35 pips

I might tally up in 'pips' from now on as I see most others do.

Lucky to be up on the day. This is bloomin' hard! lol

Thanks for posting... well done on your gains. You were unlucky on one of your long positions.

well done piggybridges

a little hectic for me but interesting have you been trading long?

Now you cant tell me that if you were in gold up to now thats its not looking overbought and that stocks are not looking rather underpriced right now

Thanks for posting... well done on your gains. You were unlucky on one of your long positions.

Cheers. Early days though. I fully expect to take a daily beating at this stage in my trading!

well done piggybridges

a little hectic for me but interesting have you been trading long?

No, Im fairly new too it all. months rather than years
Been lurking in the long running ES trading thread over on elitetrader.com, and spoted this thread a few days ago. Maybe it can turn into something similar. I think the other thread is the most popular one in ET history.

Yes, its all a bit hectic, but when you're a newbie, you wanna get on lots of trades to help give you statistical relevenace and an idea of what works (if anything!) and what doesn't work I guess...

It's very tuff. Im inspired by a guy who I sometimes skype with who is absolutely amazing, although he doesn't give much away as to how he does it. From what i've seen of the live trades he calls, he makes between about 3-8 trades per day, 80% of the trades give him between 3-7 handles profit and the losing 20% cost him about 2 points each. I could theoretically just copy his trades and make money, but I really want to be able to make points without him, hence im going it alone, but at the same time tracking his trades to see if anything jumps out at me.

There's all kinds of things that I want to experiment with, from random entry systems, to fundamental methods, to different instruments, to statistical models etc etc.

I was gonna start a journal documenting each of my crazy attempts, but for now im just gonna post trades (when I can and depending on how stupid I feel if im constantly getting kiled) in this thread!

Last edited:
initial thoughts and calc this morning are for a pump and dump with late day rally FTSE targets 5059 yes 30 below the 89 its bounced off all week, upper @5289 would like to close @5161as thats the weekly. I have the DOW count on a huge day with the monthly 565 still in play

Im still long but will cover accordingly as a pump n dump would not be best for my position but and early fall would be fine without hitting the 5131 area first

that was a ride out of the box we got 138 first though which was nice expecting a small bounce off the 089 soon and will play acordingly

hardly a bounce the maket signaling the breakthrough so now playing for the 059

Symbol for the S&P500 Emini Futures contract

Thanks. I thought the thread was about FTSE scalping, not S&P ?
All of the ES calls make it harder for me to find posts referring to FTSE.
Wouldn't it be better to have a separate thread for this ?
Just my opinion.

108 and its not even half past:LOL:

just playing with the half hour bars calc again